grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

@Brainbug the Dinosaur you have given me new hope for this. Since you also liked FK would you say that this is at least as entertaining?

Overall, yes. It was never boring to me, but its a weird movie pacing-wise, because the first act is too fast, the 2nd act is in some scenes as fast and in others ... weirdly slow and the third act picks up again. Id say Fallen Kingdom was more coherent if that makes sense.

Yeah i won't say anything about critics now.

But c'mon, this is going to Transformers tier ratings, movies which are filled with Rasicm, caricatures, rape jokes, uneven cannon and not much respect for source material.

I refuse to believe that this is on that tier lol.

I had this as the biggest movie of the summer and third biggest of year since last fall, looking like I'm going to be quite wrong. Beyond the reviews I think the inability to lean into any of the potent angles like "dinos in the human world" or "pure nostalgia" muddled the marketing and drove down hype.

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

bringing the OG’s into it forces a comparison to the original. A poisoned chalice if ever there was one. 

@Brainbug the Dinosaur reaction tells me all I need to know. It’ll be fine. 

Its just very easy to nitpick and make fun of because its a bad script and the film is stupid. But its like with Fallen Kingdom and to an extent the first JW as well: If you go in open-minded and just for a fun ride, it delivers in my opinion. Especially the third act.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

OK, economics time.

Movie cost 185 million, how much will it require to break even and then profit.

Any number above 500M WW certainly ensures profitability and it will get there even with a 1% RT score.