MaxAggressor

Daily Numbers | Thursday 1st March 2018 | BP 6.7 million

4 minutes ago, GOXOG said:

i dont know, that saturday jump is kinda generous

It jumped over 65% last Saturday and it's Sat/Sun holds have been tremendous from the get go so how is 70% than generous?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GOXOG said:

i dont know, that saturday jump is kinda generous

The Sat. jump is actually more in line with what will probably happen while the Fri. jump and Sun. drop seems generous in that projection. Deadpool increased 130.4% on 3rd Friday and BP will most likely be closer to that. The Sunday drop could very well be 30% but I suspect it'll be closer to 35% what with the Academy Awards Ceremony being held on the same day.

Right now I'm thinking 16.1 (+140%) Fri + 28.95 (+80%) Sat + 18.8 (-35%) Sun for a 63.85 million 3rd weekend.

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

The Sat. jump is actually more in line with what will probably happen while the Fri. jump and Sun. drop seems generous in that projection. Deadpool increased 130.4% on 3rd Friday and BP will most likely be closer to that. The Sunday drop could very well be 30% but I suspect it'll be closer to 35% what with the Academy Awards Ceremony being held on the same day.

Right now I'm thinking 16.1 (+140%) Fri + 28.95 (+80%) Sat + 18.8 (-35%) Sun for a 63.85 million 3rd weekend.

Disney will give it some Puerto Rico fudge to get that extra $650k on Sunday for $500m total.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I always forget what was Puerto Rico fudge. I understand the reference  :ca: but always forget what movie I was told to be Puerto Fudged first. 

Transformers 2. $198m 5-day gross was fudged to $200m. They had already reported actuals for opening Wednesday/Thursday and then magically found $2m in Puerto Rico because the 3-day weekend came in weaker than they hoped and it fell short of their $200m Sunday projection.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm

* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million.

Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good hold from yesterdays relatively large drop. For the weekend I'll stick with my percentages from yesterday's thread. Better bumps/holds than Deadpool on all 3 days, but Oscars will delay the 500m.

Fri: 15.7m (+135%)

Sat: 26.0 (+65%)

Sun: 16.9m (-35%)

3-Day: 58.6m (-46.7%) / 494.1m Total

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Transformers 2. $198m 5-day gross was fudged to $200m. They had already reported actuals for opening Wednesday/Thursday and then magically found $2m in Puerto Rico because the 3-day weekend came in weaker than they hoped and it fell short of their $200m Sunday projection.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm

* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million.

Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

:hahaha::bravo:

Thank you! That's hilarious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1