sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Avengers: Infinity War: 300M

A Quiet Place: 12M

Rampage: 9.4M

I Feel Pretty: 5.6M

Super Troopers 2: 3.4M

Ready Player One: 2.7M

Blockers: 2.6M

Truth or Dare: 2.5M

Black Panther: 1.8M

Isle of Dogs: 1.5M

IW is about to shit all over everything not named A Quiet Place or Rampage. Those two are the clear sellout alternatives.

A 65% drop for I Feel Pretty? 

I don’t think so. 

Just now, Krissykins said:

A 65% drop for I Feel Pretty? 

I don’t think so. 

It decreased on Saturday when no other comedy outside of Love, Simon has done so, and that was YA. If IW wasn't opening, it'd have a drop in the mid to high 50s.

4 hours ago, baumer said:

Rampage is playing like  family movie and that 90+% bump on Saturday proves it.  Also, not a bad second week drop for Truth or Dare.  57% looks pretty good for a horror film that apparently not many like.  Pretty hilarious drop for Super Troopers on Saturday.  And of course great weekend hold for AQP.  

Yep, I was definitely wrong, that Sat hold this weekend proves it sure is. That's a near animation level sat bump. 

BP needs about a 5x multi off of this weekend for 700. May sound out of reach, however then you look at TA and see it got a 6.8x off its 10th weekend. Granted it had the labor day expansion BP won't have, but hopefully I'm right about the IW boost and that makes up for it. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Hey everyone.... I was informed by @baumer of the following.....

Since he is a long time mod, he must be right on something like this.  It made me realize that I can get everything I need from the board by simply lurking and posting anything isn't really useful and is a joke.  

It has been great posting here and I will PM a few here some info from time to time, but I think I have provided the board with enough for now.  Make sure you all thank Baumer for helping me see this.  

This is exciting news. good riddance 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Whew, after some PM's with a couple mods and many others this morning confirming that I actually do provide a lot of value to the forum and that Baumer is flat out wrong (as usual), the people have spoken and I am back folks.  

Not only that, but I was encouraged to be even more forward in my analysis of not only the info I provide but also of others.  I can happily let everyone know that I will be stepping up my "personality" to another level and look forward to being a thorn in the side of those who already don't like my style.  

Should be fun and looking forward to it.  Hope everyone is ready.  

Image result for judge judy eye roll

You got what you were clearly after with that post the whole time: attention. Next time spare us the dramatic bullshit. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Boxofficerules said:

How long until next weekends thread is longer than this one? I predict it will be within an hour of Preview numbers being posted and a large chunk of the posts will be about how that number is awesome / disappointing.

The BATB weekend thread had 80 pages before preview numbers came in :thinking: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

You guys do know that there's an Ignore button, right?

Yes. I also know that it's cool to see a member who has been a Nuisance and a constant negative presence go  

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

How long until next weekends thread is longer than this one? I predict it will be within an hour of Preview numbers being posted and a large chunk of the posts will be about how that number is awesome / disappointing.

I think a better bet would be which will be higher: the number of pages of the weekend thread, or Infinity War's numbers in millions? :lol:

Edited by filmlover