CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

4 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Lighten up a little.  It's all in good fun.  I'm sure the people I quoted can handle being wrong about something.

I just think it's funny how absolutely certain some people were about how high this would go, and how they ended up not being right in the end.  If my $228M prediction was wildly off after I've been adamant on it happening for months, then it'd be completely fair game for them to quote the posts where I said that.

Well, you're pretty certain that it's going to stay in the initial range :redcapes: 

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

225 mil ow is perfectly fine for this movie, and no AIW isn’t going to miss 600 mil domestic. Just stop.

:hahaha:

With that OW probably will miss it. Not expecting legs over a 2.4x.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

225 mil ow is perfectly fine for this movie, and no AIW isn’t going to miss 600 mil domestic. Just stop.

Ehhhh, 500m isn’t even guaranteed with a 225m OW (A low 2.15-2.2x mult goes under 500m).  It’d need a 2.66x multi if OW is 225m to hit 600m, which would be around GOTG2 level multi which wasn’t as hyped, had similar reception and had a much lower OW.

I do think it’s doing really well, and even just under 500m would be a great result.  That’s a lot of money and really profitable for Disney.

• Like 2

If it opens to 225-235 it has a very realistic shot at missing 600.

• Like 5

No matter what this movie makes domestically it's going to pale in comparison to what it's doing internationally. We're all sitting here discussing whether or not it'll hit 500 million or 600 million but when all the dollars are counted it's still going to make around 1.5 - 1.7 billion dollars worldwide. I'm sure Disney will be perfectly happy with that.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

Dont be such an asshole. Gawd damn, someone spike your cocktail with butthurt juice?

How is he being an ass? He's being realistic.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Did I ever officially join that club?  I’ve definitely been in since BP’s release and entertained the idea pre-release BP

It closed before BP opened, so you would have had to pre-release.

• Like 1

Dont be such an asshole. Gawd damn, someone spike your cocktail with butthurt juice?

It’s not being butthurt if it’s true and you look at the past.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

No matter what this movie makes domestically it's going to pale in comparison to what it's doing internationally. We're all sitting here discussing whether or not it'll hit 500 million or 600 million but when all the dollars are counted it's still going to make around 1.5 - 1.7 billion dollars worldwide. I'm sure Disney will be perfectly happy with that.

Yeah, I think it’s fair to say Disney isn’t upset at all about these numbers.

• Like 3

KJ!

Isn't you know what going to finish on less than you know how much

• Haha 1

Jurassic World 200 mil ow, 600+ domestics 

TLJ, 200 mil ow, 600+ domestic 

TFA, 200 mil ow, 600+ domestic 

The Avengers, 200 mil ow, 600+ domestic 

Black Panther-200 mil ow, 600+ domestic

Even AOU adjust to 500 mil domestic with a 191 ow.

It’s 99% locked for 500 mil domestic, and probably 75% locked for 600 mil. Imo

Just now, KJsooner said:

Jurassic World 200 mil ow, 600+ domestics 

TLJ, 200 mil ow, 600+ domestic 

TFA, 200 mil ow, 600+ domestic 

The Avengers, 200 mil ow, 600+ domestic 

Black Panther-200 mil ow, 600+ domestic

Even AOU adjust to 500 mil domestic with a 191 ow.

It’s 99% locked for 500 mil domestic, and probably 75% locked for 600 mil. Imo

If this is your opinion, then your opinion is wrong

• Like 1