Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

Right from Andrew Lincoln - "It’s an incredibly courageous way to start a season. It’s not a conventional way of opening a new season of our show. Usually it’s an up-and-at-’em call to arms, big episode. This is a brutally damaging, psychological and emotional battering to begin Season 7, which is a huge writing task. It’s an extraordinary call from Scott [Gimple]. I commend him." 

From Scott Gimple and JDM - "We will pick up directly from what we saw last night," Morgan said in the group interview. "Season 6 ended on that note, and Season 7's going to pick up right where we left off. We're going to see who's on the other end of that bat and go from there."

So the show is going to open back up on this exact scene and go from there. We will see it play it out. I have no idea how they'll be able to fix what was broken because the tension will be gone. They can't build it back again, they can just show what actually happens and the aftermath. And I still don't like it.

Season 7 should have started with the repercussions after this scene was shown. They could have done a time jump if needed. Even if only a few days. Now there will be another episode immediately following it the next week. 

Im also going with Abraham. I think in a way hes willing and kind of wanting to die. Its 100% not Aaron because hes not part of the group really. So his death will not have an emotional impact.

I think it's Glenn and has always been Glenn. In order to start a new storyline for another of the main characters, he has to die and they have been following closely to the comics.

Only Glenn or Daryll would have the sort of impact they want. Negan wouldn't want to kill Abraham because he sees him as a guy that would work for him. Plus he's too safe a choice.

The "Taking it like a champ" line is right from the comics too.

The leaked audio indicates its Glenn too. It originally was way more brutal (a lot of female screaming) and AMC toned it down and added a ton of FX over it. But it could also be Daryll.

Here was the original 11 minutes of audio before they added all the effects over the end.

And slowed down:

Edited by somebody85

eh that negan guy talked and talked so much i was just like ughh get it over , i thought previous episode was bleak but this one was too and cherry on top dragged on and on , i was like fuck make up your mind and stop playing ring around the posey?( not sure right title for nursery rhymes) with rick and the van 

then same with negan and miny miney mo ain't nobody like your sorry ass , i'm still of a mind jesus set the gang up thinking they'd be stupid enough to take on the saviours and what can i say they were ..

gotta agree about it being glenn guy's nine lives might be up , but i was also thinking maggie would get eaten by her baby , don't think we've seen that yet ?

also carol really??!!! get your shit together , while you mopping the group is in danger !

is it possible the show is ending ? i mean this negan guy is going to kill them all he has overwhelming numbers i don't see where the plot can go from here and if its to see them cower and fall in line like every group negan gang has under his thumb /bat? what's the point ? maybe that is the point its zombie apocalypse they're all just pushing back the inevitable !!!

On 4/5/2016 at 0:18 PM, Baumer said:

Im also going with Abraham. I think in a way hes willing and kind of wanting to die. Its 100% not Aaron because hes not part of the group really. So his death will not have an emotional impact.

I hope it's not Abraham. We won't get any more gems like "mother dick" or "you gotta better chance of picking up a turd by its clean end".

• Like 2

I haven't followed the show for three seasons now, but my dad likes to tell me what's going on and I have to say, that sounds like the stupidest bullshit "cliffhanger" ending I've been aware of since the end of Rescue Me's third season. I'm not sure it's quite that bad, but it's not far off. It failed to the one, easy, easy thing that cliffhangers have to do to not be cheap, which is make the audience wonder what happens next, not wonder what already happened.

Yeah, I don't like how they did this.  It cheapens the show dramatically.

Compare it to say the iconic GoT death scenes that were near end of season, all of them leave you wondering where does the plot move from there, and how it shakes everything up.  It doesn't leave you frustrated because you don't even know what even happened.

that finale! damn that last scene scared the shit out of me. So fucking powerful. Not a fan of them not showing who it was but the whole scene with Negan talking and the build up was amazing. Rick better go and make those bullets. He is gonna need them.

Just read this thread until page 25 or so... very late to the game. Only started watching this a month ago and I am halfway through Season 3 now.

I think they are really doing a fine job so far constantly playing with the question of people would behave in a post-apocalyptic world. I think some of the less rational, smart or sympathetic characters actually help selling this.

I actually almost cried when Lori died... that was powerful. And the Governor/Prison stroyline is the best one yet.

What I really miss: more flashbacks as they did during the first two seasons of the world before or shortly after the outbreak. I know that Fear the Walking Dead plays a little bit more with that but imho it would be very cool to see more news coverage of those early incidents, the realisation how bad it really is, etc etc. Seeing all of them in their "old life". FTWD did it more at first but went to the post-apocalyptic scenario pretty quickly as well.

Watching Seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix.  God-damn this is some good stuff.  Shane is a bastard but then again he is doing what he feels is best to keep people safe.  Most of the women are idiots lol.  Lori is ridiculous and Glen and Rick are cool.  Dale, I miss Dale.  

Such a great show.

• Like 4

I am seriously starting to get stressed out now LOL. Reports now are that there are multiple people that have met Lucille. This probably means both Abraham and Glenn are done. Men this Sunday is going to be awesome but horrible at the same time. And is Rick really going to lose his hand?

6 minutes ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

I am seriously starting to get stressed out now LOL. Reports now are that there are multiple people that have met Lucille. This probably means both Abraham and Glenn are done. Men this Sunday is going to be awesome but horrible at the same time. And is Rick really going to lose his hand?

well in the comics, he lost it a while back already so if it happens, I wouldn't be surprised

yeah I am sure I will be tense for the season premiere.  People already said that viewers may want to kick the screen so I am expecting the worst :P 

On 10/17/2016 at 11:10 AM, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

Two deaths have been the rumor for months. Rick won't lose his hand.

Edited by zerbs

Well, I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible and whatever you have heard, please don't post it here.  I only know about the two possible deaths because of the AMC promo.

22 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Those *redacted*

Reveal hidden contents

And now we know the truth.

Spoiler

Pretty much the two most likely suspects go out together.