Mon-Wed drop           28%    28.9%   22.5    23.7%

Wed to W/E multi       7.57     8.26      8.09    8.67

Im looking for IW 

M             25m

W            18.5m -26%

2nd W/E   138.75m -46.2%  7.5x wed

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah if it was not for deadpool I think this was heading to 700 but TLj is the goal for now.

Itll be near 600m when DP2 opens. It'll get dinged but It'll have great holds in June and get well into the 700s

I think it will stay ahead of TA1 by at least 25% for the next 3 weeks. 1.25 x 476.7m=595.8

Monday thru next weekend should be 30%+. Over 600m possible by DP2 open. No problem for 700. Can it do 800 with a long summer run?

May 4–10 1 $270,019,373 - 4,349 - $62,088 $270,019,373 1
May 11–17 1 $132,002,042 -51.1% 4,349 - $30,352 $402,021,415 2
May 18–24 1 $74,663,373 -43.4% 4,249 -100 $17,572 $476,684,788 3
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Let’s wait for the second weekend drop before deciding where it’ll end.

tenor.gif?itemid=6121955

Comon man, its like your new here

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Itll be near 600m when DP2 opens. It'll get dinged but It'll have great holds in June and get well into the 700s

I think it will stay ahead of TA1 by at least 25% for the next 3 weeks. 1.25 x 476.7m=595.8

Monday thru next weekend should be 30%+. Over 600m possible by DP2 open. No problem for 700. Can it do 800 with a long summer run?

May 4–10 1 $270,019,373 - 4,349 - $62,088 $270,019,373 1
May 11–17 1 $132,002,042 -51.1% 4,349 - $30,352 $402,021,415 2
May 18–24 1 $74,663,373 -43.4% 4,249 -100 $17,572 $476,684,788 3

But solo opens the weekend after DP2, so it'll get dinged twice in  weekends 4-5. Will it be able to hold onto the screens necessary? 

Edited by YLF

5 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=6121955

Comon man, its like your new here

I mean going by history, the best case for this is a 50% drop. I think the standard 59%-60% is more likely than suspected but hey I’ll admit if I’m wrong.

5 minutes ago, YLF said:

But solo opens the weekend after DP2, so it'll get dinged twice in  weekends 4-5. Will it be able to hold onto the screens necessary? 

It'll get hit by Solo but boosted by the holiday at the same time with a larger Sun and Mon numbers.

I assume all premium screens will be gone though.

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I mean going by history, the best case for this is a 50% drop. I think the standard 59%-60% is more likely than suspected but hey I’ll admit if I’m wrong.

with how much it grossed 50% would be good. I think it'll drop 55% though

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Well Black Panther just dropped 41% (with an inflated Sunday boost) less than 3 months ago. And so far all signs are pointing to better holds than the Avengers[2012]. So saying 50% is best case seems wrong here. If it follows the average drops of Black Panther, Ultron and Civil War from here it only falls 45%

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

JW was -49%

IW had a better sunday hold -15.7 to JWs 17.9 even though it was the start of summer for many schools

JW had a better monday hold of course because of summer

it'll better that -49%

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Well Black Panther just dropped 41% (with an inflated Sunday boost) less than 3 months ago. And so far all signs are pointing to better holds than the Avengers[2012]. So saying 50% is best case seems wrong here. If it follows the average drops of Black Panther, Ultron and Civil War from here it only falls 45%

sounds good to me

its a reach but SW7's 2nd weekend 149m could be in jeopardy

lets see if it can do 19m on wed

Edited by POTUS

I'm seeing people say that if the good hold on Monday is from spillover that is not a good sign for legs, but wouldn't there be spillover into the next weekend? Some people can't watch it on weekdays, and the OW was sold out, so they go on the second weekend. Right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

I'm seeing people say that if the good hold on Monday is from spillover that is not a good sign for legs, but wouldn't there be spillover into the next weekend? Some people can't watch it on weekdays, and the OW was sold out, so they go on the second weekend. Right?

Disregard those comments. It's BS.

Wow, a lot of people setting themselves up for disappointment here.

You need at least until a second weekend to get a gauge of where it's gonna go.

Yeah, it's better than Ultron/Civil War etc. but Avengers/Panther had the phenomenon going for them. This should have it, but there are a lot of mitigating factors that could affect its legs, with the false finale sell one to keep watch on.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

spillover is a huge sign for legs. saturday and sunday kept getting larger with each estimate. Thats WoM building and more repeat viewings.  

For it to do $257m and have a larger monday than normal means demand is building not burning off. It definitely carries to the next weekend and weeks later in the run where we'll see some 20% holds

• Like 3

It's a really good number if it holds...

I will admit, before I saw this Sunday, I didn't expect as great a movie as Marvel pulled off, especially as a Part 1 which played more like a LOTR complete saga movie than a Part 1 (so I think it's fair they dropped the Part 1:).

So, everything I was thinking before this movie for final numbers and legs...I've tossed. 

I'm not telling anyone they are crazy for any legs numbers yet (well, except the ones predicting Xmas-like weekday holds)...but this movie could be a shocker ala this generation's The Dark Knight...I posted that yesterday and this number is making my gut lean further and further towards these thoughts, not away (although, like I said, don't expect a 3.3x...but expect much better than you might have:)...

If you haven't seen A:IW, and you've seen anything Marvel, you have to see it.  Rarely do I post "must see", but this one falls right in that category:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1