EDIT: 105 2nd weekend could happen probably on the lower end:

13.5 -42.5%

12.5 -7%

27.0 +116%

46.0 +70%

32.0 -30% 437  [105 2nd weekend; -59%]

Edited by a2k

2 hours ago, sfran43 said:

I am shocked by the incredible (relatively speaking) size of the Philippine market. Unbelievable that Philippines beats Japan with a somewhat smaller population and a per capita income some orders of magnitude lower. Also Mexico, Korea & Australia are overachievers. Germany, France, Italy and Japan are underachievers. 

2 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I am shocked by the incredible (relatively speaking) size of the Philippine market. Unbelievable that Philippines beats Japan with a somewhat smaller population and a per capita income some orders of magnitude lower. Also Mexico, Korea & Australia are overachievers. Germany, France, Italy and Japan are underachievers. 

europe and japan are relatively inert to superhero film, that explain why the smaller economics can beat them in the record-breaking run.

Looking from another perspective, SW7 scored $110m in Germany and Avatar was at 163m, Intouchable and Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis made $166m and $193m in france, Frozen and your name passed well over $200m in japan.

these numbers are so far unbelievable by mexico and other smaller market. South Korea did big number, especially with their local blockbuster, easily nearing $100m  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'd love to see Truth or Dare hit 40 million.  

I agree. It’s nice to see these small budget movies perform well. Not only that but if it can reach $40M, it will probably end its run with a better multiplier than Pacific Rim: Uprising

Edited by LonePirate

A1 is 704m DOM adjusted so it's the go-to comp for AIW's 700m DOM chances imo. It's been beating it everyday but I imagine A1's late legs will end up better due to less competition. So it's important for AIW to add up distance now. A1's adjusted 1st wednesday was 15.356.400m$ so that is the baseline target number for AIW's wednesday to be above imo. 17m is a good target, slighly better drop than AoU and BP; 18m would be great, slightly worse than A1's drop. Anything above 18m is really great, but I think 17m is a good target to have.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, baumer said:

See, this happened with TFA and here's my theory:

When you have a film that has such demand like IW does, you basically have a huge amount of people seeing it on Monday.  They don't care about the price.  So when Tuesday comes around and the price is cheaper, you actually lose a bit of money because almost the same amount of people are seeing on Tuesday as Monday but they are paying less, so the gross goes down.  

Look at the Tuesday numbers for December for TFA:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=starwars7.htm

I think someone copied your post over on reddit

:rofl:

Or is that ... you? :ohmyzod:

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1