Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

Just now, filmlover said:

Yep, Derbez strikes again. It'll likely have a very good hold next weekend too with Mother's Day being on Sunday.

Eh, I wouldn't be too sure of that. Latin Lover's second weekend dropped 58% despite a 27% increase on Sunday (granted, the Saturday increase was only 26%), and Overboard is already more frontloaded than that. I have it dropping just over 50%.

I do think it's great that Overboard is becoming a success, especially because the rom-com genre is nearly dead (the last 5 major films in the genre were...Home Again, The Big Sick, Bridget Jones' Baby, The Perfect Match, and How to Be Single).  I think Crazy Rich Asians could break out too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Will this drop over 50 percent next weekend or more around 45%

56 to 62 is range.

Means around 540 to 547 by next Sunday.

think the friday number will be more higher than the last one cause it will have less spill over for the weekdays than last week.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Eh, I wouldn't be too sure of that. Latin Lover's second weekend dropped 58% despite a 27% increase on Sunday (granted, the Saturday increase was only 26%), and Overboard is already more frontloaded than that. I have it dropping just over 50%.

Latin Lover's second week was the release of Guardians 2. Mother's Day was its third weekend.

5 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Why they making a show of Nolans batman! Thats my job

Always blows Nolanites minds IRL when I tell them Avatar grossed more than the entire batman trilogy. They NEVER believe me.

Edited by IronJimbo

13 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

It's held great in Spain. Will certainly become the top grossing SH movie of all time in our market (Incredibly, Raimi's first Spider-Man *still* holds that record with $23m), and has a very good chance of becoming the first SH movie to win the year. Spanish market heavily favors animation and family-skewing blockbusters, so it's quite an achievement.  

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why they making a show of Nolans batman! Thats my job

Always blows Nolanites minds IRL when I tell them Avatar grossed more than the entire batman trilogy. They NEVER believe me.

So you're like this in real life too?

• Haha 7

imo the week end of Deapool 2 i don't think as other menbers here that IW sill drop like 60% cause you know if Deapool 2 is crushing then maybe it will have spillover from Deapool 2 to IW remenber JW and inside out? 2 movies can co exist if both are really good..... ok Deapool 2 is more adult friendly than inside out/JW but who knows :)