Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

12 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

36.8, see when SRG comes out later today

so either something happen saturday or spillover again on sunday :D but kinda weird drop :)

anyway super drop so wom is very good whatever some dudes have to say :P

Edited by Bonenash
false

3 hours ago, vc2002 said:

I know what it is. I just found it a bit weird that it actually became a thing.

He's a God.  And as we know, the God's must be crazy.  :redcapes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

He's a God.  And as we know, the God's must be crazy.  :redcapes:

No — in truth it is the mortals who are crazy. So much so that we are blind to it.

26 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

36.8, see when SRG comes out later today

I wonder if the actuals for the weekend won't ALL get a bump. :kitschjob:

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Looks like 35 t0 38 million in weekdays days and about 60 million third weekend to about 545 to 550 by Sunday.

Without deadpool this would be locked for 700 plus lol.

I love the first Deadpool. Nothing would please me more than an excellent sequel to the first film. But something tells me that people are overplaying DP2 and its impact on Infinity War. I don't think DP2 or Solo will affect Infinity War as much as others think.

• Like 1

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I love the first Deadpool. Nothing would please me more than an excellent sequel to the first film. But something tells me that people are overplaying DP2 and its impact on Infinity War. I don't think DP2 or Solo will affect Infinity War as much as others think.

We could be wrong but I agree with you. Partly because I am leery of Deadpool 2 quality wise and see it exhibiting lots of frontloading opening weekend if it isn't well reviewed/received. 

4 hours ago, StarSaber said:

Saturday was not as busy as expected at my theater, management came to the conclusion that Cinco de Mayo and Prom prevented some adults and teenagers from coming to the movies. This may have been the case for many areas if they were similar to mine.

There were also lots of college graduations too.

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

But why wouldn't they?  Even if the WOM ends up not being great, they are going to open very well.  Between the two films, they will take about 300 million for their openings.  It's inevitable that business will be shifted from one blockbuster to the next.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

We could be wrong but I agree with you. Partly because I am leery of Deadpool 2 quality wise and see it exhibiting lots of frontloading opening weekend if it isn't well reviewed/received. 

Something seems incredibly off about DP2. We are ten days out of its release. DP was getting praises LEFT AND RIGHT from critics and advance screenings two weeks previous to that film's release. Now DP seems like... it's just not there. I don't think people understand how much the marketing, the buzz and the holiday weekend gave DP a boost in the first one. Honestly, DP has nothing of that. I wouldn't be surprised with DP2 going under DP1's OW, and kind of fizzling out if reviews and wom don't help.

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Something seems incredibly off about DP2. We are ten days out of its release. DP was getting praises LEFT AND RIGHT from critics and advance screenings two weeks previous to that film's release. Now DP seems like... it's just not there. I don't think people understand how much the marketing, the buzz and the holiday weekend gave DP a boost in the first one. Honestly, DP has nothing of that. I wouldn't be surprised with DP2 going under DP1's OW, and kind of fizzling out if reviews and wom don't help.

DP's review embargo didn't drop until Feb 7th/8th so how was it getting praised left and right by critics 2 weeks before it's release? 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

But why wouldn't they?  Even if the WOM ends up not being great, they are going to open very well.  Between the two films, they will take about 300 million for their openings.  It's inevitable that business will be shifted from one blockbuster to the next.

Like I've said, B., I'm not feeling it. I think DP2 will not make a dent because it'll be seen as a disappointment compared to the first one. I can see Solo succeeding in buzz where DP2 does not, but by then we'd be talking about IW being either a $600m film or on the verge of it. I'm a big fan of Deadpool. I was one of the very few predicting big numbers for it two years ago. Now... I just don't know. Like I've explained on the post above, several factors make me feel that it might take IW like two weekends, but it will overcome DP2 and it'll do it fast. 

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Like I've said, B., I'm not feeling it. I think DP2 will not make a dent because it'll be seen as a disappointment compared to the first one. I can see Solo succeeding in buzz where DP2 does not, but by then we'd be talking about IW being either a $600m film or on the verge of it. I'm a big fan of Deadpool. I was one of the very few predicting big numbers for it two years ago. Now... I just don't know. Like I've explained on the post above, several factors make me feel that it might take IW like two weekends, but it will overcome DP2 and it'll do it fast. 

Well, you can say there's no buzz but that's just not true.  And this has certainly put DP on the map:

12 million views in 3 days.

• Like 6

The reality is Deadpool 2 could be a mess and Solo could be a meh film but regardless of their quality both films are going to soak up $600M+ between them domestically. If they aren't well received they will drop off the map for sure but right after them you have a whole other month that's ridden with blockbusters. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, you can say there's no buzz but that's just not true.  And this has certainly put DP on the map:

Titanic’s Céline Dion striking again!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

This doesn't count obviously. Deadpool 2 needed to hold advance screenings several weeks out (ya know when IW was in the midst of being released) to create buzz when we all know that had they done that the general consensus would have then been that it's clearly a bad film. 

As I said Deadpool 2 could be bad and Solo could be bad but bad movies make money at the box office....and some of them make a lot of money too. 

Edited by Nova
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

DP's review embargo didn't drop until Feb 7th/8th so how was it getting praised left and right by critics 2 weeks before it's release? 

That's a half truth. Review embargo was lifted Feb 7th but social media was bursting with buzz surrounding how amazing the film was for at least one week prior of that two weeks prior to the film. Here's Campea after watching the film:

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yeah... I don't know. I've watched the video two times, I do find it hilarious. We are still talking 12m worldwide and I just feel like I should be more enthusiastic about this film. I'd love to be proven wrong tho.

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

The reality is Deadpool 2 could be a mess and Solo could be a meh film but regardless of their quality both films are going to soak up $600M+ between them domestically. If they aren't well received they will drop off the map for sure but right after them you have a whole other month that's ridden with blockbusters. 

Not sure. I'm honestly not sure if both DP2 and Solo can get to over $600m. Over $500m? Likely although not guaranteed. I'm just saying that I don't see neither of these films as actual threats to Infinity War.