Box Office Hit

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway | Sony | June 11 2021 | NOT Delayed again

1 hour ago, Neucentro said:

2.7 million trailer views after two months. Isn't it a little low for a franchise movie? I guess Sony is not putting money in advertising on Youtube.

Quite normal for kids movie that's not huge Disney brand.

On a side note - I hate the fact the first one did so well, it just shits all over the beloved books. Just call the film something else and rename the characters so it got nothing to do with beatrix potter...

I'm just going to admit it: this movie looks all sorts of delightful! I usually wouldn't have given it a 2nd glance but A) I thought the same thing about the Paddington movies, then gave Paddington 2 a chance and loved it, and B ) the trailer played in front of...something I saw recently.... and I really got a kick out of it.

I could see myself going with my nephew to this if he's interested.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:50 AM, Avatree said:

Quite normal for kids movie that's not huge Disney brand.

On a side note - I hate the fact the first one did so well, it just shits all over the beloved books. Just call the film something else and rename the characters so it got nothing to do with beatrix potter...

I feel your pain, but I found out a long time ago most people here don't care if a movie throws a book out the window.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I feel your pain, but I found out a long time ago most people here don't care if a movie throws a book out the window.

I'm not so fussed about this forum specifically, as this is an American forum and I don't believe Americans are familiar with the source material.

56 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I'm not so fussed about this forum specifically, as this is an American forum and I don't believe Americans are familiar with the source material.

Peter Rabbit in it's original Beatrix Potter form was standard stuff when I was growing up.