sfran43

Wednesday numbers: IW $7M

1 minute ago, A2k Raptor said:

235*2.70=635 would make people happier than 258*2.55=658 it seems. it's as if each good number is a high and people want a bigger and bigger high everyday without any perspective, else they show withdrawal symptoms.

The first number is just higher than what I expected pre-release. So the second number is obviously better. But neither would make me "happy" as I don't tie my happiness in how much money a corporation makes.

Wow, can't believe there are people who legitimately think IW's number is bad. Holding slightly better than BP today was always the absolute best case scenario, though unlikely given the stronger Tue. It dropped less than 2% more on Wed, which could have easily been worse given the fact that it held 3% stronger than BP on Tue. Some of y'all need to get a reality stone.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

No, that would be bad. Because that would be a bad opening weekend. But I would also say it salvaged the bad OW with a great multiplier. But that would be a very disappointing box office result.

So what you are saying is that it had an awesome opening and no matter what it finishes with, it will have a great total but a bad multiplier.

1 minute ago, RandomCat said:

I'm still thinking 2.4x for IW.

But 7M is a decent #.

:wintf:

You realize that requires like 60% drops both this weekend and next weekend right? Nothing's impossible, but that would be shocking. IW is showing every indication of sub 45% this weekend. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

So what you are saying is that it had an awesome opening and no matter what it finishes with, it will have a great total but a bad multiplier.

It had an awesome opening, and is headed to an average multiplier. If it were to say get a 2.8 or so, I'd consider that really good.

The total (if over $600 mil) is a great number in general! 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

:wintf:

You realize that requires like 60% drops both this weekend and next weekend right? Nothing's impossible, but that would be shocking. IW is showing every indication of sub 45% this weekend. 

Alright.

1 minute ago, RandomCat said:

2.45x then. *shrug*

1 hour ago, A2k Raptor said:

each post should reduce the poster's like-count by 1 or 2 or 3. so posters won't post unless they feel their post can garner enough likes. most of our like-count would then be negative due to unnecessary posts and then people with lower like ratio should have a limit on number of posts per page or hour or something (and that's how new members should also start, with limits on posting).

gtfo.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

2.45x then. *shrug*

That still requires a nasty hold this weekend, inexplicably so with Mother's Day. Weeks 5, 6, and 7 aren't gonna be harsh on it. 5 is a holiday weekend and 6 and 7 have no competition. DP2 is the only weekend where a harsh drop seems likely.