sfran43

Wednesday numbers: IW $7M

7 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

@ChipMunky is a diehard DC loonie and he's attempting to come off as objective now. 

However, he falls into his own category of troll when talking AIW numbers. 

I totally read the passive aggressive with negative underpinnings in his post.

Omg so he’s a secret DC Stan. That explains why he was so ultra sensitive in the Aquaman thread and why he’s been trashing Marvel in every possible thread.  Tragic!:hahaha:

Edited by GraceRandolph

10 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I totally read the passive aggressive with negative underpinnings in his post.

"A fanboy knows a hater,"

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

before the ow I didn't think beating tdk was locked. on the lower-end something like 225 (still amazing ow) and 2.35x (marginally higher than IM3's 2.34x multi) seemed at least a possibility. 225*2.35 = 529.

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

@ChipMunky

You remember the MCU is going to have two films gross more domestically than JL did worldwide. So shaddup about AIW’s supposed ‘Bad’ drop. You’re bordering on trolling.

You'll know when I troll.

Take off the rose colored glasses.

5 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

That's me, diehard DC loony. Because I had a Flash avatar that one time.

It's your history of posting in various CBM threads over time and the Flash avatar for over a year.

Which is fine, I love The Flash also. 

Edited by Captain Craig

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

It's your history of posting in various CBM threads over time and the Flash avatar for over a year.

Which is fine, I love The Flash also. 

I post mainly in CBM threads and Star Wars threads. As those types of movies interest me most. I don't discriminate between Marvel and DC.

30 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Cmon, don’t be obtuse. Relative to what we knew a month ago, the totals are obviously going to absolutely f*#$&ing bonkers spectacular.     

When people say that “this 7M Wednesday is just ‘fine,’” they obviously mean “relative to the context of all the information we now have, including 6 previous very high weekday numbers, this 7M Wednesday is just ‘fine.’”   

I honestly can’t imagine what people have to gain by pretending not to understand this.

I honestly can't why you don't see how passive aggressive Chipmunky's comments are.

• Like 1

Sometimes people need a contrarian. I take that role when others don't.

Just because the Wednesday number isn't "good" doesn't mean it's "bad". And just because I said it may "struggle" to get to a certain total gross, doesn't mean that total gross is "bad".

Yes, $650-675 mil is a great number, but when you open to $257 mil, it's just... fine. We don't live in a vacuum.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bladels said:

I honestly can't why you don't see how passive aggressive Chipmunky's comments are.

I’m not defending ChipMunky in particular. I actually can’t, because I’m not sure what he’s been saying, because I have him on ignore :ph34r:    

I’m just saying that “just fine” is a perfectly reasonable description of this Wednesday number, keeping in mind the context. It’s a medium drop from Tuesday when comparing to recent MCU. Not a great drop. Not a bad drop. Fine.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

AIW and BP this week are pretty similar. Higher disc Tue and a bit higher Wed drop for AIW. So combined Tue and Wed to see as a multiple of Monday:

AIW

2018/05/07 1 $8,283,575 -77% 4,474 $1,851   $461,390,925 11
2018/05/08 1 $10,673,500 +29% 4,474 $2,386   $472,064,425 12
2018/05/09 1 $7,000,000 -34% 4,474 $1,565   $479,064,425 13

Tue + Wed = 2.13x Monday

BP

2018/02/26 1 $8,098,481 -77% 4,020 $2,015   $411,711,738 11
2018/02/27 1 $10,204,038 +26% 4,020 $2,538   $421,915,776 12
2018/02/28 1 $6,876,570 -33% 4,020 $1,711   $428,792,346 13

Tue + Wed = 2.11x Monday

• Like 1

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

I’m not defending ChipMunky in particular. I actually can’t, because I’m not sure what he’s been saying, because I have him on ignore :ph34r:    

I’m just saying that “just fine” is a perfectly reasonable description of this Wednesday number, keeping in mind the context. It’s a medium drop from Tuesday when comparing to recent MCU. Not great. Not bad. Fine.

$7M Wed is fine but not Chipmunky's "fine".

That's why I had "just fine" in quote marks