sfran43

Wednesday numbers: IW $7M

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

That still requires a nasty hold this weekend, inexplicably so with Mother's Day. Weeks 5, 6, and 7 aren't gonna be harsh on it. 5 is a holiday weekend and 6 and 7 have no competition. DP2 is the only weekend where a harsh drop seems likely. 

5 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Alright.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Harris said:

I get that these weekday numbers are nothing special, but the use of the word "save" here is kinda comical. Does IW's BO need saving in any way, shape, or form? :)

Well it needs to reach 2 billion to be considered a huge success. Anything lower than that would be disappointing.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

100% serious.

Oh shit I forgot WALL-E also came out that summer.  Let's go 2nd best then.  Definitely better than Dark Knight and Iron Man.

I dunno man. Lot of quality flicks in summer of '08 that are way better than Speed Racer, Dark Knight, and Iron Man.

10 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Well it needs to reach 2 billion to be considered a huge success. Anything lower than that would be disappointing.  

Avengers in 2012 made 1.657billion 2018 dollars.

Infinity war spent maybe more I would imagine expending the cast that much, but still many expected Avengers to be the peak, for franchise that popular any form of growth (so above 1.66b) become huge success imo (we are talking about growing over one of the biggest success of all time to put that in proportion).

That below 2B is disappointing only in hindsight of it's world opening weekend and early China pre-sales numbers, before those information that was not the case at all.

36 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wow, can't believe there are people who legitimately think IW's number is bad. Holding slightly better than BP today was always the absolute best case scenario, though unlikely given the stronger Tue. It dropped less than 2% more on Wed, which could have easily been worse given the fact that it held 3% stronger than BP on Tue. Some of y'all need to get a reality stone.

If there's anyone who thinks these numbers are bad it should be you.