Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, XO21 said:

Totally agree. Season 7 was a bunch of fanfictions stitched together.

Unfortunately, i had to fix it.

Season 7 had many great moments, but overall, it was lacking in too many places.

• Like 1

really for the past few seasons GOT has been a show too concerned with the BIG moments with little concern for how it actually gets there like consider how meticulous breaking bad was about this stuff before the big plot bombs went off. season 7 of thrones was just noticeably the worst at this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

ah finally, your worst post.

It's all been leading up to this.  27,000 posts and people wonder how TOG will finally outdo himself.  This was that moment.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, I wake up this morning, and find out the trades are finally no longer protecting the movie...admitting the production budget was $300M+ (and probably closer to $350M) and seeing the weekend numbers...the terms "flop" and "money loser" are gonna start filtering into their stories in a few weeks (if not a few hours)...

And least WiT will look a whole lot better to Disney after this...maybe this disaster will help them realize that relying on only pre-existing franchise tentpoles isn't the better path and you can fail big (or win big) with anything...so, they might as well try some new and exciting stuff instead of just remaking or spinning off live action nostalgia.

I'm gonna point out, I said this was a rumor a week ago (production cost over 300m) and I got mocked for making up rumors.  Glad they're admitting to it.  It's good to be right, again, about how this movie cost way too much and is unlikely to make its money back... during its theatrical run or any time after including merchandising.

The parallels to JL are very tangible.  A big mess is a big mess.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To be fair all the characters in GOT have kinda reached their maximum character development. There’s really nothing else to do. I feel like season 7 was supposed to be the “pay-off” season. Kinda like infinity war was for the mcu. While they succeed with some episodes (spoils of war amazing moment) a lot still felt rushed. Eg. the meeting between Dany and John should have felt more epic. Instead it was just kinda there. Their relationship between them and when she flew beyond the wall happened so fast.  The meeting with Cersei was also non-eventful.  I feel like they needed another 2-3 episodes for more substance. 

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

really for the past few seasons GOT has been a show too concerned with the BIG moments with little concern for how it actually gets there like consider how meticulous breaking bad was about this stuff before the big plot bombs went off. season 7 of thrones was just noticeably the worst at this.

The creators are on record saying that "themes are for college essays". So not a surprise character/plot/thematic consistency is not a concern for them.