Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

On 6/8/2018 at 5:12 PM, A2k Rex said:

GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 (PG 13) probably gonna be the best comp for O8

THU 3.4

FRI 13.7 (17.1 OD = 5.0x the previews) // O8 did 3.95x the previews

SAT 16.4 (+20%) // O8 appeals to older audience so Sat bump could be lower..or if has back-loaded Fri due to big Thu, bump could be good

SUN 12.5 (-24%) // ..but due to older audience the Sun hold could be even stronger

46.0 OW = 13.5x the previews

So using +17% on Sat and -21% on Sun,

11.8 (15.8 OD = 3.95x the preivews)

13.8 (+17%)

10.9 (-21%)

40.5 OW = 10.1x the previews

Edited by A2k Rex

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Industry tracking was initially $30-35m then upped to $33-38m this week and it still beat expectations.

”those people” will try, but Oceans 8 is nowhere near a flop or even a disappointment. It’s actually a hit. 

That's just flat out incorrect.  Industry tracking was never as low as $30m.  Initial, long range tracking had Oceans 8 pegged at $45m.  Heading into this weekend, that estimate dropped to $35-40m.  Please provide a link to a reputable source (Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline) that had numbers you're quoting.

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So i giess we can start discussing what stars we want to see in the next couple Ocean's films.Maybe Roberts and Jones could return?Maybe Gadot?McArthy?Robbie?Queen Meryl?But if you would ask me i would love to see dame Maggie Smith in obe of them.

I think they should have a female villain for Ocean’s 9, maybe Emma Thompson or Nicole Kidman and I think someone like Brie Larson would be good to join the team or if they’re looking for an older actresss, maybe Reese Witherspoon

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think they should have a female villain for Ocean’s 9, maybe Emma Thompson or Nicole Kidman and I think someone like Brie Larson would be good or if they’re looking for an older actresss, maybe Reese Witherspoon

Please no.