Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

I argue with alt right and other extremist all day. 

Things get pretty repulsive.

Been called all kinds of horrific racial slurs.

But I sometimes can make casual racist and those who feel total apathy to reconsider their position.

These small victories make any "battle scars" worthwhile.

I now find sterile echo chambers complete soul assassins and a total waste of time.

You never challenge yourself or question yourself. And therefore there is little opportunity for personal growth or more developed perspective.

Yeah another evil take from grey ghost.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

Not tolerating abusive behavior ≠ creating an echo chamber.

We value discussion and even disagreement on these forums. New opinions and perspectives are possible to share without being a bully.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Wont you be my neighbor is getting showings this weekend at the local AMC with recliners and isnt selling as well as when RBG first opened at that theater which I find odd. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, ban1o said:

what exactly did EmpireCity say? I missed that commotion lol. I didn't know he was banned. 

The Wreck It Ralph thread. Personal insults and PMs to members over that movie were apparently the hill to die on. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'll take no updates and a slow weekend thread over pages and pages of petty insults, thank you very much.

You guys act like EC would randomly insult ppl for 200 pages.

He posted a few times every 25 or 50 pages.

Lmao.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

The Wreck It Ralph thread. Personal insults and PMs to members over that movie were apparently the hill to die on. 

A month ban, though? didnt others get like a week for similar offenses? Its the summer the numbers are important and exciting lol

Edited by YLF
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

Not tolerating abusive behavior ≠ creating an echo chamber.

We value discussion and even disagreement on these forums. New opinions and perspectives are possible to share without being a bully.

I never witnessed much bullying.

Just the typical fanboy ballbusting that went BOTH WAYS.

Maybe the PMs were something truly horrendous, I dunno.

Edited by grey ghost

3 minutes ago, YLF said:

Wont you be my neighbor is getting showings this weekend at the local AMC with recliners and isnt selling as well as when RBG first opened at that theater which I find odd. 

Back in my day, we waited for Deadline numbers on Saturday morning. And we liked it.

Spoiler

Good lord, why am I saying that? I'm 22 for god's sake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Spagheditary said:

Back in my day, we waited for Deadline numbers on Saturday morning. And we liked it.

Hide contents

Pretty much this. I’m sure y’all can survive without instant numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, YLF said:

A month ban though, didnt others get like a week for similar offenses? Its the summer the numbers are important and exciting lol

I'm not a mod so I don't make those decisions. I liked Empire City for the insight that he brought....not just for the Numbers. Personally I don't care about the numbers from EC like others did. EC, to me, was more valuable for his knowledge on the industry and while he never personally insulted me, he has personally insulted a number of members. He didn't get banned in the past for that type of behavior while others would. So I guess his month ban had more to do with him not facing consequences for his behavior in the past. While I loved his insight, I would rather have other members on this forum enjoy coming here and posting and not feel personally attacked over a damn movie or a box office number. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I never witnessed much bullying.

Just the typical fanboy ballbusting that went BOTH WAYS.

Maybe the PMs were something truly horrendous, I dunno.

We hide a lot of offensive posts, but this has been a pattern.Insert other media

Given that this is the weekend thread for 'Incredibles 2' and 'Tag' and not 'Adventures of the Ban Hammer', I will not be discussing this further.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YLF said:

A month ban, though? didnt others get like a week for similar offenses? Its the summer the numbers are important and exciting lol

If anything he got off easy.

cochofles - (10/15/17) - Suspended for six months for poisoning the well in multiple threads.

Broadwayfreak66 - (1/24/18) - Permanently Banned  for a pattern of breeding hostility, attacking members, and poisoning the well

EmpireCity -(6/4/18)-Banned for One Month for abusive behavior towards the staff and users, breeding hostility, and attacking members

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

4 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

Reveal hidden contents

Please, when I started following box office, I got my updates from Box Office Guru (who posted a Saturday update early that day and then didn't report anything until the Sunday article). The younglings here have become so spoiled lmao.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

Hide contents

Im fairly new so dont know of the struggle days lol. so im an impatient millennial :)

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

If anything he got off easy.

cochofles - (10/15/17) - Suspended for six months for poisoning the well in multiple threads.

Broadwayfreak66 - (1/24/18) - Permanently Banned  for a pattern of breeding hostility, attacking members, and poisoning the well

EmpireCity -(6/4/18)-Banned for One Month for abusive behavior towards the staff and users, breeding hostility, and attacking members

Ok all the ones before him were before I signed up, so I was unaware...

• Like 1