A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

If Kosinski was returning and/or Cillian Murphy was returning as the main villain I would be smashing down that theater door at midnight like one of those crazed people on Black Friday. But neither of those things are happening so eh

Edited by John Marston

I'm hesitant based on the director. I enjoyed his Norwegian films, but I don't see how his background fits in with TRON. Despite it being a sequel, at least it isn't a Star Wars or Marvel sequel. A sequel to cult favorite of their original IP every other decade hurts no one. The cast is pretty damn amazing despite the lack of Jeff Bridges. Disney can toss the die on this series every so often. Maybe this one will land big financially. Who knows?

Edited by ThePhasmid

21 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

I'm hesitant based on the director. I enjoyed his Norwegian films, but I don't see how his background fits in with TRON. Despite it being a sequel, at least it isn't a Star Wars or Marvel sequel. A sequel to cult favorite of their original IP every other decade hurts no one. The cast is pretty damn amazing despite the lack of Jeff Bridges. Disney can toss the die on this series every so often. Maybe this one will land big financially. Who knows?

They'll probably get Bridges for a stealth cameo at the end.  

Looks like the promo pic for a Hot Toys figure. Kinda busy and cluttered design wise compared to the more sleek, elegant Legacy look (lots of little light splotches vs long simple lines running down).

I am extremely curious how the grid is gonna look, that'll be the real make it or break it.