sfran43

Monday's Numbers

22 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

IMHO competition is about the same. A good thing about Ant Man is that it’ll keep PLFs until Fallout and competition is weaker than Homecoming. That being said like I said last weekend, it’ll drop about the same as Homecoming and it’s legs will improve afterwards.

Except it’s not. Ant Man has direct family competition with HT3 day this weekend 

7.2 (-61%)

9.0 (+25%)

5.7 (-37%)

5.1 (-10%)

7.75 (+52%)

10.1 (+30%)

7.9 (-22%) = 25.75 2nd weekend (-66%)

seems rough but am1 dropped 56.5% and smh dropped 62% despite them legging it to 3.15x and 2.86x respectively. if am2 has to leg it to 2.7x, then 66% drop won't surprise. that's july.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Reasons I can think of is that Jurassic World had two week imax contract and/or they wanted their  Incredibles movie to benefit the most from the holiday 

Truly it seems like scheduling tentpoles has become madness these days. I guess Marvel can afford a mild disappointment at this point since this has a lower budget but almost all previous tentpoles that open on July 4th weekend actually take advantage of the holiday itself, which is just a weird thing not to do in this case.

9 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Well that is one crowded opening time frame if it wasn't already.

Bumblebee

Aquaman

Battle Angel Alita

now Poppins Returns

Holmes & Watson is toast and I'm not sure which of the other 3 will suffer more, Alita is my guess. 

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Rock: *responds to a positive review of their movie enthusiastically like most actors would*

”lmao so desperate.”

did you see his reaction to critics trashing baywatch ? It turned into a meme.

#getlitty

Edited by eddyxx

16 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Bumblebee

Aquaman

Battle Angel Alita

now Poppins Returns

Holmes & Watson is toast and I'm not sure which of the other 3 will suffer more, Alita is my guess. 

Everyone will coexist but none are getting much higher than $300M Domestic imo.

13 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Bumblebee

Aquaman

Battle Angel Alita

now Poppins Returns

Disney is now daring the others to move...it never made sense for Disney to wait with MP2 for Xmas, since SO many folks will be in theaters from Dec 19-Dec 24, so you might as well get ALL the holiday dollars...

I'm trying to decide which of the movies might be better off waiting til Dec 25 to open...or kicking to Spring...I think Holmes and Watson is a no brainer now to move to Dec 25...Maybe Bumblebee should kick to April 12 (with Easter being so late) and try to take advantage of the 2 week spring break and break before Avengers 4 - I think it could work really well in that slot...

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Could be BP2.   

That was my first thought, too.  But 3 year seems like a crazy long time.  With nothing else officially announced, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to get that out in 2020.  

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

That was my first thought, too.  But 3 year seems like a crazy long time.  With nothing else officially announced, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to get that out in 2020.  

Feige said he'll wait on Coogler's schedule and he might not want a 2 year turn around 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Disney is now daring the others to move...it never made sense for Disney to wait with MP2 for Xmas, since SO many folks will be in theaters from Dec 19-Dec 24, so you might as well get ALL the holiday dollars...

I'm trying to decide which of the movies might be better off waiting til Dec 25 to open...or kicking to Spring...I think Holmes and Watson is a no brainer now to move to Dec 25...Maybe Bumblebee should kick to April 12 (with Easter being so late) and try to take advantage of the 2 week spring break and break before Avengers 4 - I think it could work really well in that slot...

Or they just all stay put and may the best one(s) win. Last year other studios did profit from Disney (TLJ) underperforming, so why should studios move for something less than SW *shrugs*?

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

GotG3, Black Widow and DS2 (it will already be 4 years) will probably be the 2020 movies.