sfran43

Monday's Numbers

57 minutes ago, McNerdy said:

Or they just all stay put and may the best one(s) win. Last year other studios did profit from Disney (TLJ) underperforming, so why should studios move for something less than SW *shrugs*?

B/c you can make a lot of money at Xmas or you can make none, like Downsizing and Father Figures found out.

Transformers already has the issue of how its last movie came out...it wants a sold reboot - that's crucial to them...so, surrounding itself by 2 supers (Spidey and Aquaman), a sci-fi Peter Jackson (Mortal Engines), and an enormous family movie (Mary Poppins 2) plus the other films already mentioned means not only is it screen and theater squeezed before it opens, but it might not be in the Top 2 family choices...and if it's not, families probably aren't seeing it.  And if they don't see it, not only does the movie fail, but the chance for the series reboot does, too...

Kicking it to the next big holiday break gives it room from all of that, and the likelihood of a very wide opener with possible multiple screens...so, why not take it now that the holiday is so stuffed?

Edited by TwoMisfits

JW2, 333.39 cume by Sunday

3.36 (-60%)

4.70 (+40%)

3.20 (-32%)

2.72 (-15%)

= 13.98 Mon-Thu

4.19 (+54%)

5.82 (+39%)

4.42 (-24%)

= 14.43 4th weekend (-49.5%)

333.39 + 13.98 + 14.43 = 361.80 cume

Adding an average 2.50x the 4th weekend to the cme gives

361.8 + 14.43*2.50 = 397.875 dom

... a push to 400 would happen if it gets that close

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Good to know Maleficent 2 is the next Disney Memorial Day Disappointment.

It's actually the week after Memorial Day tbf.

But I definitely see a big decrease coming.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

JW2 ALSO TANKED OVER 60% YESTERDAY!!!

tenor.gif

The Summer where mega franchises died. What a Summer. JL and TF5 should have been released this Summer as well.

• Haha 1

Just now, CJohn said:

JW2 ALSO TANKED OVER 60% YESTERDAY!!!

tenor.gif

The Summer where mega franchises died. What a Summer. JL and TF5 should have been released this Summer as well.

Damn, and it was the day I saw it too :hahaha: 

• Haha 1

I honestly think people just want avengers 4 and then finally put the franchise to rest. It’s gettig a bit to overcrowded and overwhelming to keep up with everything. It’s only down from here. 

Also I’m probably not going to see this movie at the cinema. I refuse to pay for movies that won’t at least gross 800m (700 if I’m feeling generous). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Incredibles:

3.5M (-56%)

4.9M (+40%)

3.7M (-25%)

3.3M (-10%)

4.4M (+33%)

5.7M (+30%)

4.3M (-24%)

14.4M Weekend, 49% drop

We'll see how strong the Friday increase is against HT3. If it has an increase in the 40s, the weekend will go up a bit.

Jurassic World:

3.4M (-60%)

4.6M (+35%)

3M (-35%)

2.7M (-10%)

3.9M (+45%)

5.4M (+35%)

4M (-25%)

13.3M Weekend, 53% drop

• Haha 1