sfran43

Monday's Numbers

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Can't wait when Spider-Man: Far From Home will have the exact same pattern next year when it opens in July.

If people were freaking out over a small movie like Ant-Man, I can't imagine the reaction to something like Spider-Man.

25 minutes ago, nevermore said:

If people were freaking out over a small movie like Ant-Man, I can't imagine the reaction to something like Spider-Man.

"wow, Spider-Man only opened to 150M.  time for the MCU to shut down.  200M was the floor."

1 minute ago, ZackM said:

Why would it have such a huge Tuesday jump?  Especially on its first Tuesday?

B/c it's a movie usual OW goers without theater passes were too cheap to pay full price for:)...1st Tuesday is like the 4th day of OW now...

Edited by TwoMisfits

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

B/c it's a movie usual OW goers without theater passes were too cheap to pay full price for:)...1st Tuesday is like the 4th day of OW now...

Interesting.  Seems like for bigger movies, the residual hype on Monday would counteract the typical bump from discount Tuesday.

49 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming already did really well.  I think Far From Home simply increasing from Homecoming would be good for it.

I agree, really. We don't know what Avengers 4 is going to do with the character creatively or how they will promote Far From Home, so that's gonna play into it, but a good bet would be a GOTG Vol. 2-type increase. I don't know if the public already trusts the new Spidey franchise that much, and even if it opens north of 140 (like it's possible that it does), it may just end up being pretty frontloaded. Tbh, we also need to see Ant-Man And The Wasp's final numbers to have an idea of how frontloaded even a low opening MCU sequel in July would perform like (though I don't see less than 200, even yesterday I didn't, which means at least a 2.64x), nevermind a Spidey one, but yeah.

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Cause I always find it silly when merchandise is brought up when it had nothing to do with box office. 

Well by that logic people often bring lot of stuff that has nothing to do with box office, like a movie net budget...

It is obviously not a pure box office discussion message board despite is name.