SLAM!

Death of a Nation | Quality Flix | August 3rd, 2018 | right-wing documentary to release in over 1,000 theaters

34 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Thank you for sharing this with me; the reason for the KKK's flip was kind of unknown to me before. It's a shame that they feel the need to unofficially align themselves with a political party at all; I don't want a group like that to be associated with a political party that wants America to continue to be a country that grounds itself in freedom.

Yes. The Republicans sure do want women, minorities and the LGBT community to be free.  It’s not like most of them they think their inanimate fire arms deserve more rights than actual people.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I live in small town Texas. So looking forward to the local theaters playing this crap for weeks on end, while being lucky if they play BlacKKKlansman for a single week. 

Edited by Blipsy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blipsy said:

I live in small town Texas. So looking forward to the local theaters playing this crap for weeks on end, while being lucky if they play BlacKKKlansman for a single week. 

@WrathOfHan's town played I Can Only Imagine for 3 months, so I'm sure this'll play there for at least half of that.

pretty sure the trailer for his last movie was "ooooooohhh democrats are the real racists!" and now this one is "oooooooooohhh democrats are the real nazis!". call me crazy but i'm not so sure Dinesh is really progressing as an artist.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 9
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hillary's America lasted a month and a half IIRC.

I remember when my mom told me once “There’s a movie I want to see, let’s go see it.”

I said okay.  Then I saw she got tickets to Dinesh’s “America” movie.  That was a really hard 2 hours of my life.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

pretty sure the trailer for his last movie was "ooooooohhh democrats are the real racists!" and now this one is "oooooooooohhh democrats are the real nazis!". call me crazy but i'm not so sure Dinesh is really progressing as an artist.

A shame. 

I was hoping for his film equivalent of Don Quixote or Crime & Punishment or at least a The 120 Days of Sodom after his prison stint.

35 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I remember when my mom told me once “There’s a movie I want to see, let’s go see it.”

I said okay.  Then I saw she got tickets to Dinesh’s “America” movie.  That was a really hard 2 hours of my life.

My mom wanted to see Hillary's America but didn't think it was playing around here.

Withholding that information was a good idea.

38 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

He paints a good third of this trailer as "OBAMA ARRESTED ME YET HER EMAILS ARE STILL OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!" The trailer doesn't even make it seem like a movie about Hillary. The title is a lie!

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

Yes. The Republicans sure do want women, minorities and the LGBT community to be free.  It’s not like most of them they think their inanimate fire arms deserve more rights than actual people.

I've been thinking heavily about how I should respond to this, and my idea is to show you this recent news segment; it explains a lot about my personal viewpoint.

2 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I've been thinking heavily about how I should respond to this, and my idea is to show you this recent news segment; it explains a lot about my personal viewpoint.

.....How the fuck is this video political?

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

.....How the fuck is this video political?

That's one of the points.

America's current constitution, America's current bill of rights, allows the situation to favor the mother and the children. I'll break it down.

- The woman has the right to own the gun for self-defense situations such as this, as long as she got it legally.

- Being a woman does not detract from her right to own the gun.

- Being a minority does not detract from her right to own the gun.

This is a situation that makes me say 'God bless America'. This is a situation that makes me happy to live in a country like this, where freedom is taken seriously, where potential crime against the innocent is limited by the rights we have.

14 minutes ago, Slambros said:

America's current constitution, America's current bill of rights, allows the situation to favor the mother and the children. I'll break it down.

- The woman has the right to own the gun for self-defense situations such as this, as long as she got it legally.

This is a situation that makes me say 'God bless America'. This is a situation that makes me happy to live in a country like this, where freedom is taken seriously, where potential crime against the innocent is limited by the rights we have.

Is it limited though? Massacres are happening more and more, and the federal government is doing practically nothing to prevent them. Some states have been taking precautions, but many aren't.

17 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dinesh D’Souza is a shitlord. Fuck him and his propaganda. 

That's unfair to Shitlords.

4 hours ago, Slambros said:

Thank you for sharing this with me; the reason for the KKK's flip was kind of unknown to me before. It's a shame that they feel the need to unofficially align themselves with a political party at all; I don't want a group like that to be associated with a political party that wants America to continue to be a country that grounds itself in freedom.

The GOP ceased to be a party that grounds itself in freedom the minute that Donald Trump was nominated.

Yeah, nominating a authoratrian bigot as POTUS is the actions of a political party that wants a free America.

BTW while I am at it tell the right wing religious groups who are trying to make the USA into the "Republic of Gilead in "The Handmaiden's Tale" to screw off  also. Don't try to make this into a "Christian" country. I prefer religious freedom for all.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Is it limited though? Massacres are happening more and more, and the federal government is doing practically nothing to prevent them. Some states have been taking precautions, but many aren't.

That's why need precautions, why we need checks and balances. It's a harsh reality that people with sour intentions getting their hands on guns. But that shouldn't mean innocent people shouldn't have one if they want one.

This is why I'm a moderate conservative rather than a full-blown one. Guns can save lives, such as the lives of those children. But yes, you're absolutely right in saying we need to take precautions. That's common sense.

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have to disagree with you there. The Presidency of Donald Trump has made me turn in favor of private gun ownership if we need to take the Resistence to the next level.

I have always sort of broken with the Liberal Orthodoxy when it comes to gun ownership.

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I have to disagree with you there. The Presidency of Donald Trump has made me turn in favor of private gun ownership if we need to take the Resistence to the next level.

...please gods tell me this is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

...please gods tell me this is a joke.

It's a last resort, but if Trump succeeds in totally corrupting the political system so that it's a defacto one party system, armed reistence is justified, I really hope it does not come to that but I am afraid it may.

And I am NOT a Pacifist. Pacifism is stupid.

30 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Here's my problem. Guns are killing machines. Designed for killing. She even talks about firing the gun wildly in the car. She says she wasn't trying to shoot him, but shot him in the head, because she is in no way trained to handle a gun. Just imagine in that situation how easy it would have been for her to shoot herself, or her kids, since she wasn't even trying to shoot the thief but succeeded. There are dozens of things that are designed for self defense that literally aren't devices meant for killing living things. Even in that situation, if she could reach the glove box, she could have grabbed the wheel, which would have been safer than firing wildly in a car with her kids inside.

• Like 2