That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

3 minutes ago, Slambros said:

My conspiracy theory professor told me and other students that Cruise had gotten out of Scientology but I'm not really sure to be honest.

If he has quit Scientology he hasn't made that public.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Digital Cinema runtimes and attachments for next week:

Darkest Minds: 1:37. Attachments unknown (likely The Hate U Give and Alita)

Christopher Robin: 1:38. Attachments are Dumbo and Mary Poppins Returns (surprisingly, no new trailer)

The Spy Who Dumped Me: 1:45. Attachments are A Simple Favor and Robin Hood.

Is the new Slenderman trailer attached to anything?

58 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Solid start.

I'll say this for the younger crowd: Tom Cruise has alienated alot of people, and he certainly doesn't resonate with my generation like he does with older folks - in fact, to many people I know, he's actively off-putting. His movies now have a cap because of it. (I like and see all his movies btw)

I know there's the whole Scientology thing.   But then I've heard stories that he makes a point to meet and shake the hand of every crew member working on his movies.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DAR said:

I know there's the whole Scientology thing.   But then I've heard stories that he makes a point to meet and shake the hand of every crew member working on his movies.  

That is because he always tries to recruit them. :sparta:

• Astonished 2

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

I've heard nothing but great things about him on set. 

As for his religion it can be harmful but looking at where we are today as a nation (or even historically WW) that's hardly unique and politically and socially it's less dangerous and far reaching than Pence, DeVos and their ilk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Yeah I understood, I'm just a little puzzled at the UK critics and their self inflection in this case.

Yeh I think they’re worried about become obsolete 

1 hour ago, Alli said:

so 60M is the target.

Dream a little bigger dear lol

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Solid start.

I'll say this for the younger crowd: Tom Cruise has alienated alot of people, and he certainly doesn't resonate with my generation like he does with older folks - in fact, to many people I know, he's actively off-putting. His movies now have a cap because of it. (I like and see all his movies btw)

Definitely. He puts me off too. 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I've heard nothing but great things about him on set. 

As for his religion it can be harmful but looking at where we are today as a nation (or even historically WW) that's hardly unique and politically and socially it's less dangerous and far reaching than Pence, DeVos and their ilk.

“Scientology may be bad, but at least he’s not a Christian.”

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The last Tom Cruise film I seen in cinemas was Mission Impossible..... one. In 1996, lol. 

I was 9.

The last one I’ve seen in general was Knight and Day. 

Not really only because of Tom, the films he chooses just don’t appeal to me. I heard Edge of Tomorrow is worth a watch. 

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The last Tom Cruise film I seen in cinemas was Mission Impossible..... one. In 1996, lol. 

I was 9.

The last one I’ve seen in general was Knight and Day. 

Not really only because of Tom, the films he chooses just don’t appeal to me. I heard Edge of Tomorrow is worth a watch. 

Absolutely worth watching

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Should have thought about paying a well known singer to do a great song to promote the movie to younger audiences. Worked for Sony and Skyfall...

I never understood, why studios stopped doing it, it's perfect promotion.

Every time the song goes on rotation, a radio moderator will name your movie. 

Excuse me.

• Thanks 1