Alli

Monday numbers

2 hours ago, sfran43 said:

44 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

JW only needs $1,560,855 to hit $400M! I'm guessing it will reach that milestone Wednesday.

That was what I intended to ask as well. The Tuesday bump should just be enough to get it to $400m Domestic. 

27 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Pale in comparison to The Incredibles 2’s legs: 2.44 vs. 3.14.

One's a four-quadrant animated family film that came out after a drought of that kind of films and one of the most massively anticipated sequels of all time that just happened to have not a lot of direct competition (Hotel Transylvania 3 and that's it); the other's the Nth live-action big action blockbuster in this Summer alone (and it had to follow two 150+ openers in a row). Not a great comparison, for as fair as it may be on a superficial level.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Pale in comparison to The Incredibles 2’s legs: 2.44 vs. 3.14.

Ant-Man’s legs will be about 2.9 in the end. But yes, the animated movie with 14 years of anticipation will end up legging even better.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

I just want to reiterate how good the action in Fallout is. I rank it 3rd or 4th in the franchise, yet I’m about to see it for a 4th time. In spite of the overacting and terrible dialogue, this movie is still very re-watchable.

I just saw a commercial for the Blu-ray of Infinity War and the action is so ridiculous looking now. 

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

That was what I intended to ask as well. The Tuesday bump should just be enough to get it to $400m Domestic. 

Going to contribute to that wens if moviepass allows it

13 minutes ago, divinity83 said:

I just want to reiterate how good the action in Fallout is. I rank it 3rd or 4th in the franchise, yet I’m about to see it for a 4th time. In spite of the overacting and terrible dialogue, this movie is still very re-watchable.

I just saw a commercial for the Blu-ray of Infinity War and the action is so ridiculous looking now. 

I honestly thought this was the best MI performance tom has put in, the way he conveyed that he’s getting tired and doesn’t know if he can do it anymore and the way he seemed unsure of himself at points in the movie, especially the scene where he’s flying the helicopter and he assured the team he “I won’t let you down” then has to reassure himself.. I’ll be seeing it for the 3rd time this weekend 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DeWeese said:

I honestly thought this was the best MI performance tom has put in, the way he conveyed that he’s getting tired and doesn’t know if he can do it anymore and the way he seemed unsure of himself at points in the movie, especially the scene where he’s flying the helicopter and he assured the team he “I won’t let you down” then has to reassure himself.. I’ll be seeing it for the 3rd time this weekend 

I am a Tom Cruise fan. I’ve said it before, no one plays “afraid” or “scared” better than TC (which is ironic). I came to this realization watching World War Z. Brad Pitt’s stoic performance in that film really threw me off. When Cruise was running for his life in War of the Worlds, on the other hand, it felt real. He delivers great non-verbal performances.

With that said, he was very hit or miss in Fallout and it wasn’t just him. Ving Rhames was awful. As a matter of fact...I only REALLY enjoyed Michelle Monaghan’s performance (also Rebecca and Angela). Everyone else was over the top. I’m not blaming the actors.

14 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

One's a four-quadrant animated family film that came out after a drought of that kind of films and one of the most massively anticipated sequels of all time that just happened to have not a lot of direct competition (Hotel Transylvania 3 and that's it); the other's the Nth live-action big action blockbuster in this Summer alone (and it had to follow two 150+ openers in a row). Not a great comparison, for as fair as it may be on a superficial level.

Jurassic World was very direct competition, and I2 basically shrugged it off. Extremely impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw MI6 today in what passes for IMAX these days and was very impressed. IMO it's right up there with MI and MI3 as the best of a very good lot of films.

The 2 hours and 27 minutes just flew right by, nonstop excitement. Loads of fun! 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Jurassic World was very direct competition, and I2 basically shrugged it off. Extremely impressive. 

It's about as much direct competition to Incredibles as Black Panther was to Peter Rabbit. Sure, JW2 appeals to families, sure, it's a four-quadrant movie too, and sure, I2 was technically an action blockbuster as well, but it is not a full-on family movie (especially an animated one) by definition and construction, like I2. Plain and simple. Therefore, I would really not call it actual direct competition.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1