sfran43

Weekend Thread: | Estimates (per BOM) ~ M:I-F 35M, DCR 25.003M, TSWDM 12.35M, MM!HWGA 9.09M, TE2 8.83M, HT3:SV 8.2M, AMatW 6.188M, TDM 5.8M

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Highest grossing movie I haven't seen is The Passion of the Christ.  I know there's apparently a scene in it where Jesus invents the table but I don't have any intentions of watching it soon

mfw someone won't watch the passion and show respect for THE TABLE

mel-gibson-angry.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

My most embarrassing still-unseens I guess are Seven Samurai and It's a Wonderful Life. 

I'm not as extreme with my hate as Baumer is with Citizen Kane.   But the appeal of It's A Wonder Life really perplexes me.

• ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You know...3M+ folks can't go to the movies for free anymore...that has to have a decent effect, especially when you are looking at a bunch of movies hoping for mid-level and below box office to start with that fall into the "good enough to see, not good enough to pay much for" paradigm...

Not gonna convince most of you, but I anecdotally follow threads in a lot of places, and many folks just said they'd cancel and wait awhile til the next big movie season starts (since they've seen their fill of movies already and made their passes "worth it")...so you have many that went from weekly goers to non-goers for the next 2-3 months with little warning for the box office...

Last night CR and Spy Who Dumped Me weren’t blacked out so my wife and I saw Spy. I just looked after I read your post and now they’re both blacked out but Darkest Minds isn’t. 

Also, all the showings at my local AMC for MM2, Teen Titans and Equalizer2 are ALL under peak pricing LOL!! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You know...3M+ folks can't go to the movies for free anymore...that has to have a decent effect, especially when you are looking at a bunch of movies hoping for mid-level and below box office to start with that fall into the "good enough to see, not good enough to pay much for" paradigm...

Not gonna convince most of you, but I anecdotally follow threads in a lot of places, and many folks just said they'd cancel and wait awhile til the next big movie season starts (since they've seen their fill of movies already and made their passes "worth it")...so you have many that went from weekly goers to non-goers for the next 2-3 months with little warning for the box office...

Bro, a half dozen comments every day beating this drum for five or six months in a row is getting so tiresome. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

The budget for Christopher Robin will remain a mystery?

Took a quick look I was able to find the next Marry Poppins llc (that movie has an impressively big budget, really good sign) and Nutcracker (a big one) but not Christopher Robin.

50 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Looking at the most popular films on Letterboxd, still haven't seen Drive, Eternal Sunshine, Moonrise Kingdom, Reservoir Dogs and American Beauty

Drive is kino. Get on that stat. I finally saw Reservoir Dogs a few years ago so I could finally say that I've watched all of QT's movies and well I guess its ok. Didn't see the big deal. Pulp Fiction blows it away.

4 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Highest grossing movie I've never seen is Furious 7.

That movie is great. 

Paul Walker basically shot none of the film so he’s CG for most of it. There’s one scene where Vin and CG Paul speak about FAMILY in the shadows (to hide his CG face), Paul can only respond in generic grunts and “yeahs” they managed to pull from unused footage.

I just want to say that corporate mandated training on a computer is fucking horrendous. I had to sit nearly 8 hours at work today listening to corporate policies (it's against company policy to say where though tee hee) :gold: I'll be on the floor tomorrow though!

As for the box office, RIP everyone. CJohn should've stayed a little longer for this mess.

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

My most embarrassing still-unseens I guess are Seven Samurai and It's a Wonderful Life. 

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

It's a Wonderful Life is very wonderful.

I haven't seen Seven Samurai either 😬

I'll even this out: I've seen Seven Samurai but not It's a Wonderful Life 🤔

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Are you 10 years old

no i feel like it's not as big a deal in the UK idk just one of those things. i'm sure it did ok but not one of those must sees for every kid in the 90s. like how literally nobody has seen A Christmas Story here.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

no i feel like it's not as big a deal in the UK idk just one of those things. i'm sure it did ok but not one of those must sees for every kid in the 90s. like how literally nobody has seen A Christmas Story here.

BOM says it grossed 18m in the uk. That should be pretty good considering it only had a 18m budget.

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Disney has now reached the "Fuck it" stage with getting BP to that $700M milestone:hahaha:

BLACK PANTHER
Buena Vista

$404

-37.9% / $27
$699,955,339 / 165
$693

+71.5% / $46
$699,956,032 / 166
$400

-42.3% / $27
$699,956,432 / 167
$12,594