sfran43

Weekend Thread: | Estimates (per BOM) ~ M:I-F 35M, DCR 25.003M, TSWDM 12.35M, MM!HWGA 9.09M, TE2 8.83M, HT3:SV 8.2M, AMatW 6.188M, TDM 5.8M

Fallout's third act is ridiculous in the best possible way, and the movie is massively entertaining throughout (maybe the first act is a bit wonky until it fully gets into gear). I'm happy it's doing so well.

The small drops throughout make me wonder why studios aren't being more daring when scheduling for August. Guardians and Suicide Squad thrived in past years, but it doesn't look like studios are taking the plunge and moving some of the tentpoles from earlier in the summer.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

EIGHTH GRADE, despite already being open in most major cities, out performed DEATH OF A NATION, which may become Dinesh’s lowest grossing documentary ever.

Perhaps there is hope for our nation.

Image result for it's beautiful gif

(even though Death of a Nation still made $2.33M more than it deserves)

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

The Purge films are gold mines.  This one is now going to be the highest grossing of the series WW.  And the budgets are still in the teens.  Platinum Dunes is having a monster year.  

Unfortunately I thought this new Purge was easily the worst, quality wise. Still nice to see Platinum Dunes doing well though. 

Great for Mission Impossible 6

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

It's funny b/c post-Trump, the US is viewed as racism central. That's hilarious to me...try visiting some European countries lol. 

That’s just the leftist media. Literally anywhere else on earth is at least as racist, and usually more racist, than we are. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Unfortunately I thought this new Purge was easily the worst, quality wise. Still nice to see Platinum Dunes doing well though. 

Great for Mission Impossible 6

I know what you mean.  Wasn't my favourite either.  I still enjoyed it, but it wasn't all that good.  It definitely missed Grillo.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i mean i wouldn't be surprised if it got an A. i can't imagine anyone who isn't fully in on Dinesh's bullshit would see it.

this is exactly how franchise films get A's and A+ with mediocre films. Cinemascore is a sham.

• Disbelief 1