sfran43

Weekend Thread: | Estimates (per BOM) ~ M:I-F 35M, DCR 25.003M, TSWDM 12.35M, MM!HWGA 9.09M, TE2 8.83M, HT3:SV 8.2M, AMatW 6.188M, TDM 5.8M

$17 million to go. I2 should comfortably cross $600 million with Labor Day weekend on the horizon. 

This is the last week of summer for kids in Louisiana. They start back next Monday.

Edited by Chaz

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Christopher Robin had a bad Saturday increase. Looks like it appealed more to an older or younger single demo than families based on that.

Also could be that because summer camps somewhat helped boost Friday's numbers.

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Christopher Robin had a bad Saturday increase. Looks like it appealed more to an older or younger single demo than families based on that.

Not really surprising. Families are not going to take the kids to see something boring, depressing, and sad

18 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Ant-Man added another 22.7M after its 5th weekend, which is 4.13x its 5th weekend result. Following that, AM&TW will add another 25.6M and finish with a 221.1M DOM total. If it follows Homecoming's route (39.2M after its 5th weekend, so a 5th w/e 4.45x multiplier), it'll add 27.6M and hit 223.1M DOM. Either way, 220 seems like a reachable number and a hot race for #4 spot of the Summer (#5 if you count Infinity War) is set in stone between this and Fallout. One thing seems sure: Solo is not going to be in the Summer top 5, with or without AIW :hahaha:

As for Christopher Robin, well, it better hope that it can Peter Rabbit itself all the way to 100M. I guess it's not impossible, especially with virtually no family competition in the horizon, but we shall see.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ant Man wins. China should be real big. Are there any other markets except China to open in? 

UK 2 August 2018  
Ireland 2 August 2018  
Poland 3 August 2018  
Italy 14 August 2018  
Portugal 15 August 2018  
China 24 August 2018  
Japan

31 August 2018

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5095030/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

ant man 2 came out here this weekend and i totally forgot until right now. i think it's actually the first MCU movie i didn't watch on opening weekend here.

Me too. Saw it at home weeks ago and I’m not that bothered to go out and see it again (I know I will, I’m just not that eager). 

Im very interested in the BO for the movie. A lot of the marketing for these action films come from secondary sources (eg American internet videos, podcasts, social media discussion). Ant Man is the first big movie I’ve seen completely choose to ignore all that. It’s BO will indicate whether or not we see large release gaps like that again. 

School doesn’t start back up until September so I’m guessing Disney want to take advantage of having a clear month of no big films except for Christopher Robin.