sfran43

Weekend Thread: | Estimates (per BOM) ~ M:I-F 35M, DCR 25.003M, TSWDM 12.35M, MM!HWGA 9.09M, TE2 8.83M, HT3:SV 8.2M, AMatW 6.188M, TDM 5.8M

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

Mile 22 and The Meg are direct competition targeting adults

I don’t think Mile 22 or The Meg are going to put up much of a fight. I’m predicting 15m for Mile 22 and 20m for The Meg. So a third weekend for MI: Fall Out on top.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Funny enough this dude at work is HYPED for The Meg. I don't see it but maybe we'll go if the weather is crap.  I'm contemplating just seeing M:I for a second time.  We saw it in Imax so I'm not sure I'd want to see it on a reg screen now. 

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

One of the few times WB had a terrible marketing campaign (along with the bad title) for one of their movies.

Yes the marketing wasn't good, but also manga/anime adaptations  just don't do good box office. @IronJimbo

1 hour ago, Spagheditary said:

EIGHTH GRADE, despite already being open in most major cities, out performed DEATH OF A NATION, which may become Dinesh’s lowest grossing documentary ever.

Perhaps there is hope for our nation.

Theres no scary dem or black guy in the office. Fear-mongering can only get you so far when you literally control all branches of government. Im sure it would do better if dems were in control.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alli said:

Yes the marketing wasn't good, but also manga/anime adaptations  just don't do good box office. @IronJimbo

Misleading hyperbole based on literally 3 films (Ghost in a Shell, Speed Racer and Dragon Ball Evolution).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I think if Oblivion didn't exist either, people would have been more receptive to seeing another Cruise sci-fi film. 

yep. you're as good as your last film. or so they say..

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Misleading hyperbole based on literally 3 films (Ghost in a Shell, Speed Racer and Dragon Ball Evolution).

Yeah and those films had massive issues. Ghost in the shell was riddled with bad press about the casting, DB evolution was a freaking terrible film that had no connection to the show or comics. Im not sure about speed racer though I didnt really follow that movie.

• Like 1