sfran43

Weekend Thread: | Estimates (per BOM) ~ M:I-F 35M, DCR 25.003M, TSWDM 12.35M, MM!HWGA 9.09M, TE2 8.83M, HT3:SV 8.2M, AMatW 6.188M, TDM 5.8M

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Christopher Robin had a bad Saturday increase. Looks like it appealed more to an older or younger single demo than families based on that.

That seems to be the case. On Deadline's article, PostTrak stated that the audience was 55% general adults, 30% kids, and 15% parents. Guess Winnie the Pooh just isn't popular with today's youth.

• Like 1

That hold for MI6 has to be one of the best holds for a sequel of all time, or at least this decade.  I know there are all kinds of mitigating factors like preview numbers and so on, but that's a pretty damn impressive number!

• Like 7

The Incredibles 2 had a nice 52 day run above $1M/day. That run finally ends on Monday but it is still very impressive. For comparison, Black Panther's run was also 52 days while Infinity War's was 45 days.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

The Incredibles 2 had a nice 52 day run above $1M/day. That run finally ends on Monday but it is still very impressive.

Think it tied BP for most consecutive days over 1 million this year so far. Excellent run

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also could be that because summer camps somewhat helped boost Friday's numbers.

But, they didn't...Deadline already reported it was 55% generic adults and 45% families for Friday (with 15% parents, 30% kids in that %)...(Edit - and someone reposted my yesterday post 1st, so I repeated myself and someone else:)...

It's adult driven - they really should have played hard for the 40+ age group and the concept of bringing kids/grandkids...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Although, it's not too late for Christopher Robin...Post-opening, Wonder played VERY hard for the Mom (35+) demo and pulled enormous legs as mom after mom said they had to take their kids to see this (but it was really moms that wanted to see it...and it was just "good" for the kids)...

CR could spend a little money hyping to moms (and grandmoms) this week and try to convince them how important it is to see this movie with the kids...

3 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

Wonder what will be the first summer release to make over 700 million DOM? Seems like a tall order in today's boxoffice. 

Jurassic World did it adjusted (725M) and that was just 3 years ago. Tall order for sure, but not impossible. First competetor will probably be The Lion King next year, since Avengers 4 will obviously move to April again,

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

So glad that the Panther 699 nonsense is over and that I can finally look at the yearly chart again.

Agreed. It bothered me a lot so see this 699 number for so long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Jurassic World did it adjusted (725M) and that was just 3 years ago. Tall order for sure, but not impossible. First competetor will probably be The Lion King next year, since Avengers 4 will obviously move to April again,

Oh yea I forgot April doesn't count as a Summer release lol because I was about to say IW got really close.