Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

On 10/21/2022 at 7:47 AM, Maggie said:

This will go to Disney+ after 45 days, right?

They have the Guardians Holiday Special for December (presumably) 

I personally would hold it back until early February if possible to line up with a Black History Month release. 

• Like 2

I really hope this film does justice to its female characters...I was never a fan of Letitia (I know, minority here) in the original film and found the other female characters far more interesting, but I hope that even she does well here. I hope she proves me wrong.

My favorite character in the original BP was Nakia, and I know she might be seen as some as a conventional goodie like Skywalker, Potter, or Baggins but I deeply respected her character more than anyone. I hope she ends up being the Black Panther, but if rumours are right and Letitia's character is the one that becomes it, I genuinely hope the film proves me wrong on her.

I have not been a fan of the underwater scenes as they seem extremely mediocre, so the villain is worrying me a bit. The actor looks great and menacing in close ups, but when it shows him jumping like Luigi or a drunken Mario, then I hasten a bit. 

Angela Basset better dominate. 

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Random question, but what are the chances that there are MULTIPLE Black Panthers in this film? I'd go with that to be honest.

They are trying to trick us into thinking that Shuri is the definitive BP. I think multiple BP's at some point may be an idea, but there will probably end up being just one.

26 minutes ago, jedijake said:

They are trying to trick us into thinking that Shuri is the definitive BP. I think multiple BP's at some point may be an idea, but there will probably end up being just one.

People need to stop fighting the Shuri thing. She’s going to be the BP when WF ends.

• Like 1

Something hadn't been sitting right with me for a while re; Wakanda Forever, and I just realized what. In liu of Coogler's choice of cinematographer (he brought his Fruitville Station DP on for Black Panther), this time Marvel Studios brought in their Loki cinematographer. And Wakanda Forever has a much more digital visual feel as a result.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Something hadn't been sitting right with me for a while re; Wakanda Forever, and I just realized what. In liu of Coogler's choice of cinematographer (he brought his Fruitville Station DP on for Black Panther), this time Marvel Studios brought in their Loki cinematographer. And Wakanda Forever has a much more digital visual feel as a result.

I think people can reduce expectations for this one if they think Coogler can do whatever he want.

I'm not saying he has no control on this. I'm saying Marvel Studios could even change the entire 3rd act of the first BP movie weeks before its release. And I think the second one would be more of a committee vision, just like DS2. 

17 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I think people can reduce expectations for this one if they think Coogler can do whatever he want.

I'm not saying he has no control on this. I'm saying Marvel Studios could even change the entire 3rd act of the first BP movie weeks before its release. And I think the second one would be more of a committee vision, just like DS2. 

I have criticisms of DS2, one of them would not be that the director's aesthetic was compromised.

8 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

But DS2 was supposed to be a Scott Derrickson's movie? Sam Raimi was the result of committee's vesion.

I'm not talking about the narrative. I'm talking about the use of the camera, the contents of the frame. DS2 looked and visually felt like a Sam Raimi movie. Or do you disagree?

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

That's interesting to me because, when the teaser came out, one of the things many people praised the most was how beautiful the cinematography is.

A lot of people were also saying how different it looks from any other MCU films. 

Edited by cmbbox2390

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

I have a feeling they let Coogler have more reign on this one.

Edited by cmbbox2390