Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

5 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Ngl, looking at the SK thread it kinda just hit me how the conversation for BP2 has been so DOM-focused that people have kind of forgot how much the film would drop off OS.  Expecting a 65-35 split this time around.

Disheartening, given SK has been such a huge market for the MCU in the past. I feel like we need an Avengers movie every several years to act as a shot in the arm for worldwide audiences. People really liked the focused nature of the MCU wherein everything they were watching was leading to a big Avengers event movie every 3 years or so.

Before anyone says I'm overreacting, I'm not. This is a thought I've had for awhile now and I'm just voicing it now.

Edited by Verrows

43 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

Why does it feel like Ant Man will erase all the good will WF has brought back to the MCU. Anyway nice to see another MCU film get a high avg score

No idea because for now I'm getting good vibes from Quantumania.

In fact, I've been confused at how low the film is one MCU fans' radars. Yes it's an Ant-Man film, but all I hear (and I agree) is that people are waiting for that feeling of connection and lead-up that we all love about the MCU, and out of all the newest offerings, Quantumania is the one that will provide just that. I mean, it's the first appearance of the new saga's big bad! I don't count He Who Remains in Loki because he was a different variant. The Kang we will see in Quantimania is THE Kang.

Anyway, even before the trailer it was high on my most anticipated list. Hopefully audiences pay less attention to the fact it's an Ant-Man film and more to the suggested content of it.

Just now, jedijake said:

As a point of reference, Infinity War had a 97% after 100 reviews. It is conceivable that BPWF ends up around 80% or even high 70's overall. Unlikely, but low-80's could be in the cards.

Source? That does not at all match my recollection of how IW reviews trended.

6 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Source? That does not at all match my recollection of how IW reviews trended.

“As of this writing, Avengers: Infinity War has an 86 percent approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with 106 reviews counted. Currently, there are 17 negative reviews.“

https://movieweb.com/avengers-infinity-war-rotten-tomatoes-fresh-score/

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is now at 91% with 108 reviews.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jedijake said:

As a point of reference, Infinity War had a 97% after 100 reviews. It is conceivable that BPWF ends up around 80% or even high 70's overall. Unlikely, but low-80's could be in the cardsno

No it did not. It was in the 80s. BPWK is following the same pattern as No Way Home.

1 minute ago, cmbbox2390 said:

“As of this writing, Avengers: Infinity War has an 86 percent approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with 106 reviews counted. Currently, there are 17 negative reviews.“

https://movieweb.com/avengers-infinity-war-rotten-tomatoes-fresh-score/

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is now at 91% with 108 reviews.

Exactly 

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It did? I don’t remember that having been the case. 

You can go to RT and click on reviews. Just look at the first 100 reviews (they are listed in reverse chronological order). There were 3 rottens in the first 100 reviews. BUT it also had 14 rotten scores in a row after that. So go figure!

That's why I said "conceivable". It is equally as conceivable that it stays in the 90's.

2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

You can go to RT and click on reviews. Just look at the first 100 reviews (they are listed in reverse chronological order). There were 3 rottens in the first 100 reviews. BUT it also had 14 rotten scores in a row after that. So go figure!

That's why I said "conceivable". It is equally as conceivable that it stays in the 90's.

That’s not how that works lol.

Edited by K'uk'ulkan XXR

4 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Look above at the article @cmbbox2390 provided. IW was not at 97% with 100 reviews. For my part, I certainly don’t remember it being that high. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2

You can go to RT and look it up yourself. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just stating what is on there. It is much more likely that BPWF will end up between 88-91%. That is most likely. But I am just saying what the reviews are posted from IW in the first 109 reviews. 106 were fresh. THEN, the next 14 in a row were all rotten. So it dropped to 86% immediately. Not sure why there were 14 rotten scores in a row. That seems odd, but it is what it is. Probably not going to happen for BPWF.

Also not sure how movieweb got their numbers (unless some reviews were dropped), but it should have been 17 rotten out of 123 reviews. That's when it dropped. You can go by the article or manually count yourself.

Data is data, but it doesn't speak for other movies.

Edited by jedijake

1 minute ago, jedijake said:

You can go to RT and look it up yourself. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just stating what is on there. It is much more likely that BPWF will end up between 88-91%. That is most likely. But I am just saying what the reviews are posted from IW in the first 109 reviews. 106 were fresh. THEN, the next 14 in a row were all rotten. So it dropped to 86% immediately. Not sure why there were 14 rotten scores in a row. That seems odd, but it is what it is. Probably not going to happen for BPWF.

Also not sure how movieweb got their numbers (unless some reviews were dropped), but it should have been 17 rotten out of 123 reviews. That's when it dropped. You can go by the article or manually count yourself.

Data is data, but it doesn't speak for other movies.

I recall IW being in the 80s the whole time. The article confirms that it was at 86% at 106 reviews. Far more likely that RT just hasn't listed them in exact chronological order for whatever reason.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I recall IW being in the 80s the whole time. The article confirms that it was at 86% at 106 reviews. Far more likely that RT just hasn't listed them in exact chronological order for whatever reason.

Perhaps. Then it is likely that BPWF won't really change all that much.