Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

At the end of the day I view anything over $800M WW as a win and my target is now $850M. That equates to a 25-30% DOM drop and a 30-35% OS drop in equivalent available markets. This was never going to replicate what the first one did and anyone who doesn’t adjust expectations accordingly will be left with egg on their face.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

At the end of the day I view anything over $800M WW as a win and my target is now $850M. That equates to a 25-30% DOM drop and a 30-35% OS drop in equivalent available markets. This was never going to replicate what the first one did and anyone who doesn’t adjust expectations accordingly will be left with egg on their face.

So you're predicting 490-525M Dom & 340-365M OS? OS prediction seems low to me. 900M+ WW is happening I think.

Edited by Factcheck

7 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Down to 85% now on RT. I hope it doesn't keep dropping.

Why is it always that movies like these keep dropping over time? Do negative reviewers take more time, coming up with highly intellectual, haughty ways to say they don't like something?

3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Why is it always that movies like these keep dropping over time? Do negative reviewers take more time, coming up with highly intellectual, haughty ways to say they don't like something?

It's because those initial reactions and reviews come from people selected by the studio to attend the premieres and early screenings, people more likely to be positive. This isn't anywhere close to that but the most extreme example was WW84, which went from like 80s to 50s in a few weeks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

It's because those initial reactions and reviews come from people selected by the studio to attend the premieres and early screenings, people more likely to be positive. This isn't anywhere close to that but the most extreme example was WW84, which went from like 80s to 50s in a few weeks.

WW84 is an example of the opposite, at least on RT, it was the bloggers who caused the score to drop a lot. Check the top critics.

Rotten Tomato scores always fall after initial reaction especially with superhero films.

I was reading the negatives and the general opinion is that the film is a big disappointment compared to the first one and the film being way too long. 

Also seems Rachel Morrison was a big miss here from a visual standpoint at least.

Reading the Variety article today, I’m surprised this film come together as it did. Maybe Marvel shouldn’t have really rushed into a sequel here.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

so it's clearly not as good as the first. Hope it doesn't get a bunch of Oscar nominations out of sympathy

What nominations would you expect them to give the film out of sympathy?

I believe all the nominations and wins the first received were well deserved.

Edited by cmbbox2390

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

so it's clearly not as good as the first. Hope it doesn't get a bunch of Oscar nominations out of sympathy

Boseman isn't going to be in this I doubt there will be any of that. Besides, he didn't win Best Actor 2 years ago.