Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

I tought it was better than the first. Namor is really good. I hoped for better though. But liked it well enough. Best of Phaze 4 IMO(par with San-Chi) which i did not care for in general.

8/10

BRING ON PHAZE 5!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I tought it was better than the first. Namor is really good. I hoped for better though. But liked it well enough. Best of Phaze 4 IMO(par with San-Chi) which i did not care for in general.

8/10

BRING ON PHAZE 5!!!

This is good news because Namor is the #1 thing I'm looking forward to about this movie. Such a classic character and his long overdue intro in the MCU brings with it some potential new direction and ramifications, which a lot of fans have been clamouring for. He's not just the villain of this particular film.

Edited by Verrows

36 minutes ago, Verrows said:

This is good news because Namor is the #1 thing I'm looking forward to about this movie. Such a classic character and his long overdue intro in the MCU brings with it some potential new direction and ramifications, which a lot of fans have been clamouring for. He's not just the villain of this particular film.

Namor is also one of the oldest heros in the MCU....he made his debut in "Marvel Tales" in 1939, the first comic book in what was to become Marvel (The company was called Timely until the mid 50's when it changed it name to Atlas, finanlly settling upon Marvel in the early 60's).Captian America did not come along until 1941.

Namor's costarr in Marvel Tales #1 was the original Android version of The Human Torch, who had a cameo in "Captain America First Avenger' (he is one of the sideshow attractions in the background when Steve and Bucky are walking therough the Carnival early in the movie).

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

He definitely don't care at this point. He only care if filmmakers could choose the best ideas from a series of alternatives and deliver surprising actions and cameos. He knows audience could make some compromises with these bad effects. I mean, would you care about CGI when you're watching Tiktok? You wouldn't. And you don't mind the CGI problem in Tiktok model movies. 

I read these things on Reddit and they said the studio is very aware of the reactions,especially the fans' opinions, Marvel studio even have burn account lurkings on /r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/ and had even contacted the mods of that sub. In short, they said they will "soften" the release of some projects to work on the issues that people pointed out, including the CGI stuff, they have just created an inhouse CGI team which might help moving forward. 
I've also seen you say something that Eastern Asia doesn't like Simu/Shang Chi and ironically now the West doesn't either (you will earn a lot of like on Twitter if you call Simu "incel" after that infamous scandal), perhaps that is the reason why they don't immediately announce any big solo film project that is related to SC at all.

Edited by honeycookiez

Just watched it.

I loved it. It´s not as good as the first one, but it´s pretty good imo. Way better than the average MCU film. I was surprised over the reactions from Korea because they were what, almost on Thor Love and Thunder level? This movie is way better than Love and Thunder. It has arcs that feels properly developed and it doesn´t crack jokes 24/7. But this movie doesn´t feel like an MCU blockbuster. Yes there is some elements but it is more a slowburn movie depicting grief. I don´t know how the average MCU fan or general audience member will react to it. Feels like a movie "film twitter" will like more than the average fan. You don´t go out of the movie feeling like you had a great time. You go out sad. The VFX is also fine, it´s like every Marvel movie. It looks great for the most part but some few wonky stuff here and there that average person won´t notice. I just wished they would treat the VFX artists better. 

There is some flaws. The movie can drag a little bit in the middle and there is a storyline/character that wasn´t needed at all and it´s not the character everyone think it is. But none of that I really see affecting the average moviegoer. All I can say if the audience response to this is on the level on Thor Love and Thunder in USA aswell then they deserve movies like that. Movies like Ryan went for here and almost 100% succeeded with need to encouraged. Stuff like Love and Thunder needs to slaughtered. I understand the RT score. 75-85% feels accurate for this one. I can see why some of the critics didn´t like it but the majority still did.

Overall I feel like Ryan Coogler succeeded with what he tried to do with this movie after Chadwicks passing. But I don´t know if they comparison to the first one or the nature of it is what will put some people off. But the MCU needs more movies like this one that feels mature and important.

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 10

12 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Just watched it.

I loved it. It´s not as good as the first one, but it´s pretty good imo. Way better than the average MCU film. I was surprised over the reactions from Korea because they were what, almost on Thor Love and Thunder level? This movie is way better than Love and Thunder. It has arcs that feels properly developed and it doesn´t crack jokes 24/7. But this movie doesn´t feel like an MCU blockbuster. Yes there is some elements but it is more a slowburn movie depicting grief. I don´t know how the average MCU fan or general audience member will react to it. Feels like a movie "film twitter" will like more than the average fan. You don´t go out of the movie feeling like you had a great time. You go out sad. The VFX is also fine, it´s like every Marvel movie. It looks great for the most part but some few wonky stuff here and there that average person won´t notice. I just wished they would treat the VFX artists better. 

There is some flaws. The movie can drag a little bit in the middle and there is a storyline/character that wasn´t needed at all and it´s not the character everyone think it is. But none of that I really see affecting the average moviegoer. All I can say if the audience response to this is on the level on Thor Love and Thunder in USA aswell then they deserve movies like that. Movies like Ryan went for here and almost 100% succeeded with need to encouraged. Stuff like Love and Thunder needs to slaughtered. I understand the RT score. 75-85% feels accurate for this one. I can see why some of the critics didn´t like it but the majority still did.

Overall I feel like Ryan Coogler succeeded with what he tried to do with this movie after Chadwicks passing. But I don´t know if they comparison to the first one or the nature of it is what will put some people off. But the MCU needs more movies like this one that feels mature and important.

I haven't seen it yet but I completely agree with your sentiment. It's a good assurance that I too will dig this one.

• Thanks 1

Saw this last Wednesday. Bassett was amazing. If there is one acting nomination that this movie should get, it's Bassett. Huerta and Wright were also good. The score was amazing and so were the visuals. I really liked the look of Namor and his people. His world also felt very natural which is a big contrast to that of Aquaman. The movie drags a bit, but that is understandable. I didn't care much about Ironheart.

The mid credits scene was a nice one.

After seeing the movie, I am lowering my predictions a bit. Maybe:

170 M - 185 M opening weekend

480 M - 510 M domestic total

1030 M - 1260 M worldwide total

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Saw this last Wednesday. Bassett was amazing. If there is one acting nomination that this movie should get, it's Bassett. Huerta and Wright were also good. The score was amazing and so were the visuals. I really liked the look of Namor and his people. His world also felt very natural which is a big contrast to that of Aquaman. The movie drags a bit, but that is understandable. I didn't care much about Ironheart.

The mid credits scene was a nice one.

After seeing the movie, I am lowering my predictions a bit. Maybe:

170 M - 185 M opening weekend

480 M - 510 M domestic total

1030 M - 1260 M worldwide total

Wouldn´t it need really good legs to get to 480M from 185?

Edited by thajdikt

The Fast franchise had to deal with a similar situation but they made a very uplifting scenario (Paul Walker simply parted away to a "better place"), I don't know why Coogler had the need to make this film feel so sad and haunting. I guess Feige took the "fluffiness" criticism way too seriously.

And I also don't think we need to compare every MCU film to THOR L&T because only Taika can beat himself lol, he made the best Thor film and also made the worst Thor film.  

Edited by Arian1010