aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

.... likely won't have to revive their careers by playing Venom characters in 40 years cause they are doing really great and are not famous for only 1 character.

I guess you are a rather young one - or should watch probably some more movies out of earlier years. 

(Can't belief to find this kind of wrong statement in a movie related board)

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, Firepower said:

If they're not going to watch the movie in theaters, they are not franchise fans, obviously.

millions of non-franchise fans likely got lured to this one.  if the brand didn't steal the money, it took their time.  Halloween might have good legs because of this.  because it has already bought the time from an extra couple million or so

I don’t often go by critics, they usually hate horror films.

But I hated the Venom trailer and if the reviews had been somewhat positive I would’ve maybe tried it. 

But they were horrendous so I’m just waiting for Netflix. 

But I really think if you fancy a film you’ll see it. It’s only if you’re not sure about a film you might look at RT. Or you might’ve missed ads for a film and then see the reviews and consider it.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I guess you are a rather young one - or should watch probably some more movies out of earlier years. 

(Can't belief to find this kind of wrong statement in a movie related board)

true. I know JLC only as Laurie. I know she appeared in True Lies but don't remember character's name. I thought she was mainly associated with Halloween like Star Trek actors with Star Trek. One iconic role overshadowing everything. 

• Like 1

it feels like JLC was not interested with the original direction of the series, but i'm afraid this new Halloween is already yesterdays news.  Even mother! probably still holds up better w/ feminism & babadook runoffs

this one could have went to Netflix similar to Hellraiser sequels.  

• Disbelief 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

true. I know JLC only as Laurie. I know she appeared in True Lies but don't remember character's name. I thought she was mainly associated with Halloween like Star Trek actors with Star Trek. One iconic role overshadowing everything. 

Nah not really. 

She’s from a family of acting royalty. Always been famous and successful. Outside of films too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gravestonedt said:

it feels like JLC was not interested with the original direction of the series, but i'm afraid this new Halloween is already yesterdays news.  Even mother! probably still holds up better w/ feminism & babadook runoffs

Critics, general audiences, fans and the film industry clearly all disagree lol. 

• Like 1

you know there is a problem when you get up early Saturday morning to see a Halloween movie 40 years in the making and when you leave you see a problem that it might have not lived up to anyone's expectations.  

This is an assault on the memory.

Edited by gravestonedt

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Nah not really. 

She’s from a family of acting royalty. Always been famous and successful. Outside of films too. 

I know that but I mean solely based on acting credits. Angelina Jolie is a Hollywood royalty too but she's not just famous for one role or to phrase it better one role didn't overshadow her whole career. 

4 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

2 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

you know there is a problem when you get up early Saturday morning to see a Halloween movie 40 years in the making and when you leave you see a problem that it might have not lived up to anyone's expectations.  

This is an assault on the memory.

I get the feeling you didn't quite like Halloween. Am i correct?

Edited by Alli
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Helen Tasker

I've never have seen any Halooween movie (Halloween as a holiday whatever thingie wasn't a thing in my younger ears in general here, not sure when it started to get adopted), but I know a lot of ppl who are aware about her.

You might want to watch A Fish Called Wanda

An example for a mediocre film is Blue Steel, beside being middle ground at best, I never forgot her performance, that is not bad for a 28 years since its release I think

(edit to add: middle ground = based on the film is rather unevenly made, some other production details, no all small roles are equally good casted....  she is really great in it and I still love the movie)

Btw, 7 times nominated for a Golden Globe (twice won) does not speak to me for her getting overseen in other roles = others seem to be aware of her too

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1