aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

blue steel is probably my favourite JLC performance. it's basically halloween as a cop drama. don't really have anything else to add but it's a great underrated flick.

YES!!!!!! see my above post!

Just now, terrestrial said:

Helen Tasker

I've never have seen any Halooween movie (Halloween as a holiday whatever thingie wasn't a thing in my younger ears in general here, not sure when it started to get adopted), but I know a lot of ppl who are aware about her.

You might want to watch A Fish Called Wanda

An example for a mediocre film is Blue Steel, beside being middle ground at best, I never forgot her performance, that is not bad for a 28 years since its release I think

Btw, 7 times nominated for a Golden Globe (twice won) does not speak to me for her getting overseen in other roles = others seem to be aware of her too

Thanks! :) I guess it's an age gap. I googled those movies you mentioned and they are pretty old and not something that cable plays non-stop (there are old movies like Arnie's Commando but that plays every week on some channel :lol:).

Just now, Valonqar said:

Thanks! :) I guess it's an age gap. I googled those movies you mentioned and they are pretty old and not something that cable plays non-stop (there are old movies like Arnie's Commando but that plays every week on some channel :lol:).

If an actor has an age gap to an actor you compare her/him too you might want to look up movies done at a similar age before judging.

Also: females have usually way more problems to get roles over a certain age, if someone has an ongoing career there is usually a reason for it. Or two...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Alli said:

I get the feeling you didn't quite like Halloween. Am i correct?

did not live up to expectations.  felt like a monster of the week X-Files episode which has me in the mood to order Jurassic World 2 right now.  

I did like it, I just see Halloween 8 being more of a memorable thriller/horror.

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I still think Curtis and Lohan both deserved Oscars for that movie.

i just watched The Parent Trap for the first time last week and honestly where was lohan's nomination for that? legit great performance.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i just watched The Parent Trap for the first time last week and honestly where was lohan's nomination for that? legit great performance.

I listened to the Blank Check episode for Parent Trap yesterday, and I loved when they talked about how hot Dennis Quaid was in that movie. I didn't even realize it, but he really was DILF material in that movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

First Man's hold makes me think audiences don't want a silent contemplative Gosling in movies. All his big movies are the charming, smiling Gosling types. He's basically Julia Roberts from the 90s, only her charming roles worked.

1,000 screens should get jacked in the next two weeks, but they should re-expand back to those or keep them for a month.  it takes a while to buy a ticket, they should just pre-release them 3 months in advance.

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Surprised how people can deny Venom is a pretty bad film outside of Tom Hardy’s performance 

Venom was magnificent and so was Halloween.

Just got back, am tempted to say - they don't make them like they used to - but they both did just that and they both deserve all the $.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

(edit to add: middle ground = based on the film is rather unevenly made, some other production details, no all small roles are equally good casted....  she is really great in it and I still love the movie)

that is another flaw with the new Halloween.  it was unevenly edited.  even for a Halloween film, it was tough to follow.  

44 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

If an actor has an age gap to an actor you compare her/him too you might want to look up movies done at a similar age before judging.

Also: females have usually way more problems to get roles over a certain age, if someone has an ongoing career there is usually a reason for it. Or two...

I would like to check those movies out cause she did get raves for them and Fish Called Wanda is apparently a comedy classic? I'm not very familiar with comedy cause my second least favorite genre after animation. But it's supposedly really good and referenced in other movies. 

re: movie with Lohan. OK, so that one is playing on cable a lot but I missed it cause I thought it was something stupid. But it's actually good? You guys recommend? what's the name, Parent Trap? 

Edited by Valonqar

For what it's worth, my Halloween audience this afternoon seemed pretty well pleased with the final product. It should hold relatively well and score another big weekend next time out, especially with the titular holiday still yet to arrive.

movies like these are the reason why films like Bohemian Rhapsody could flop.  

they are going to scare away all the moviegoers.

The Grinch opens a week later, but will probably only see 60 if people are in the mood for film then.

Fantastic Beasts seems to be the next 80 million or so expecting to take/consume of from citizens 

2 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

movies like these are the reason why films like Bohemian Rhapsody could flop.  

they are going to scare away all the moviegoers.

The Grinch opens a week later, but will probably only see 60 if people are in the mood for film then.

Fantastic Beasts seems to be the next 80 million or so expecting to take/consume of from citizens 

What? 

:wintf:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What? 

:wintf:

one hit wonders that leave a sour taste in ones mouth.  Hunter Killer opens next week, looks exciting, then the week after BR and Nutcracker (which could see a limited run) open and there could be a lot of audience fatigue.  Don't Breathe held a much much better audience reception than Halloween.