WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

On 11/1/2018 at 1:17 PM, 3RIC said:

I’m one of the 10 people in the world who is not a fan of the first Gladiator, so...eh?

I liked GLadistor, but liked the film it stole so much from "Fall Of The Roman Empire", even more.

2 hours ago, 3RIC said:

Wack on a stick though

Ok I like Timothee as much as the next person but the thought of him even being considered to play a gladiator is way too much lol. Sometimes actors have limitations as to what roles they can believably pull off.

Gladiator is one of my favorite movies and I'm here Paul Mescal's ascension but I'm actually surprised this is the big "lead in a blockbuster" project he landed when it sounds like an obvious bomb even on paper? At least that means it has a chance at defying expectations!

As always with Ridley Scott his films usually succeed or fail at the script level so I will be cautiously optimistic about this.  Given the duel in The Last Duel I think at the very least the arena fights in Gladiator 2 will be wild.

Napoleon is supposedly really good which boosts confidence and its rumored to have a very fitting Cannes premiere.  It is annoying though how Apple hasn't show anything of it yet along with Killers of the Flower Moon(one of my other most anticipated films of the year) because it seems like Apple doesn't start advertising their content until like the last minute?  Fucking lame.

Edit:  Also, will Gladiator 2 be PG-13 or R?  Just lol if its the former.

Edited by Ozymandias

On 1/7/2023 at 12:48 PM, Maggie said:

Of course, the thought of Chalamet trying for a Gladiator part was not believable. 

Forget playing A Gladiator, Chalamet does seem la good choice for any role in a movie set in pre modern times.