WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

Crazy how the status of someone like Denzel can change a project like this. I swear I've been hearing about a version of Gladiator 2 since probably early 00s? And it always sounded like the worst idea ever, even with Scott onboard. Denzel's in and ofc every guy in Hollywood also wants in. Ans thus we are now excited.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

Need Hans Zimmer to come back and then I'm in, his score for the original is iconic.

IMHO it is Zimmer's best work. I love the way he goes full scale Wagner when we first see the Collesism...

• Like 2

On 5/2/2023 at 1:31 PM, Firepower said:

Need Hans Zimmer to come back and then I'm in, his score for the original is iconic.

Its still annoying how Hans Zimmer ripped off parts of his Gladiator score for the POTC movies years later(which kinda cheapens it), but yeah, its one of the goats up there with the likes of the Bladerunner, Star Wars, and the LOTR scores.

I love me some big historical epics and Ridley Scott is seemingly the only one who keeps doing them. Here's hoping he lives and works for another 20 years. ;)

Gladiator is the goat, one of my favorite movies. Of course i'm excited for the sequel, knowing full well that reaching the greatness of the first is probably not in the cards. Still, going back to ancient Rome will be a treat.

Edited by Elessar

On 5/6/2023 at 11:46 PM, Ozymandias said:

Its still annoying how Hans Zimmer ripped off parts of his Gladiator score for the POTC movies years later(which kinda cheapens it), but yeah, its one of the goats up there with the likes of the Bladerunner, Star Wars, and the LOTR scores.

POTC was clearly taken straight from the Pearl Harbor soundtrack "Courage". It is comical how similar they are.

Too bad Barry had to drop out but tbh he's now at that stage of his career where he doesn't need to be typecast as villains or play second fiddle to another rising actor (Mescal). Can take or leave Hechinger based on previous roles (he was good in The White Lotus Season 1), but I can see him as a convincing scenery chewing baddie.

This can be moved to the main section now btw. 18 months away.

On 7/14/2023 at 11:30 PM, dudalb said:

ANybody know when this film is set?

Wonder if it will be in 'The Crisis of the Third Century", where Rome came very close to falling 150 years before it did.

It's set a bit before that. I assume it will start during the reign of Septimius Severus and then focus on the succession struggle between the brothers Caracalla and Gaeta, with Caracalla being pretty much a second Commodus, I reckon