WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

I think at best it’ll get a lot of “not as good as the first one” reviews.

Even looking at the comments (Daily Mail, gross) a lot of people are saying they hope Hans Zimmer returns but…he’s not.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Elessar said:

As if reshoots isn't the most normal thing in Hollywood...

Depends on their length. But since they are filming a big scale battle scene 5 months away from release, it doesn't look like minor pickups.

Anyway, my point is a continuation of the one I started in the other thread: never trust test-screening reports and artificial pre-release hype, it's a bunch of bullshit in most cases.

5 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Depends on their length. But since they are filming a big scale battle scene 5 months away from release, it doesn't look like minor pickups.

Anyway, my point is a continuation of the one I started in the other thread: never trust test-screening reports and artificial pre-release hype, it's a bunch of bullshit in most cases.

Truer words were never spoken. In the real world, studios try to keep the results of actual test screenings under wraps for a number of reasons.

And this news comes just a couple of days after Paramount is doing expensive additional shooting on Missiion Impossible 8 Pt 2.

No wonder with constant overruns like this Paramount is in such a dire finiancial crisis.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

I saw an interesting opinion which is: Scott is shooting scenes that was disrupted by the strikes and he needed specific locations in summertime for it in England.

Gee you  think maybe just maybe that is the reason and not the movie is doomed because reshoots always mean that even if they do not. 

8 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

I saw an interesting opinion which is: Scott is shooting scenes that was disrupted by the strikes and he needed specific locations in summertime for it in England.

That does sound like it could be true. 

I don't buy it, they already test-screened the movie and scoopers declared it a masterpiece, which means there would be no reason to shoot extra battle scenes on a new location 5 months away from release to inflate runtime and budget further. They should finally start marketing the movie instead.

Edited by TomThomas

1 hour ago, TomThomas said:

I don't buy it, they already test-screened the movie and scoopers declared it a masterpiece, which means there would be no reason to shoot extra battle scenes on a new location 5 months away from release to inflate runtime and budget further. They should finally start marketing the movie instead.

ok

Not sure if it needed more confirmation, but Joseph Quinn confirmed that the budget is 300M:

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/joseph-quinn-interview-2024?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dhfacebook&utm_content=app.dashhudson.com/britishgq/library/media/419141994

Edited by Speedorito
Removed the giant shaved head cover tweet

The film was supposed to be shot in Morocco, Malta and UK (same as the first Gladiator),  4 months total. We heard about an accident with injured crew members in Morocco (June 2023), we know that they were shooting Rome scenes in Malta before the strike striked and continued with it in December. Never seen any news about UK shooting until now, that's why I think it could be additional photography. Or not. 

Edited by cinema pal

30 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

4 months? Ridley doesn't do 4 months shoot anymore, now he films $200-300 mln epics in 2-2.5 months which is insane and not in a good way.

yep, that's what the news told me)

and there were ~3 month of filming: from June ("an accident involving fire during filming on June 7 injured six crew members") till July 13, then from December 4 till January 17

One month missing

Bingo!))

Edited by cinema pal

Apparently, the movie test screened in April. so i don't know if these are reshoots or pickup shoots. It doesn't make sense to still have a month to film and screen an unfinished film. Unless, the response from the test screening has not been good...

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/4/25/dr0xt0cqdqhhsuhjqt8a9argotk6s9

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1