WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Gladiator 2 has serious potential, but all depends on Ridley. Will he be The Martian dude or Exodus dude. 

Ridley will be The Last Duel dude for this.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I’m curious what the appetite for this is going to be. Because I’m not sure how much nostalgia is associated with Gladiator. Seems like a huge risk to spend 300m on this. 

300m is a huge risk i must say but Gladiator is beloved. Definitely has alot of nostalgia behind it with so many quotable lines and a score that still gives the goosebumps. ROTK aside, I dont think theres been a more beloved Best Picture winner since, not even Oppie

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

Why am I always getting blue-balled ? Just release the damn trailer already ! There is so much hype and I cannot take it all in.

I think it's hilarious that we already got Moana 2 and Wicked (before it moved) trailers before this.

Just show 2 dudes sword fighting, have clips and voice over of 1st movie from Russell Crowe, and the title card. Not hard for a teaser 

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I think it's hilarious that we already got Moana 2 and Wicked (before it moved) trailers before this.

Don’t forget Here, Mufasa, and the highly-anticipated event film of the year, Red One.

1 hour ago, babz06 said:

I’m curious what the appetite for this is going to be. Because I’m not sure how much nostalgia is associated with Gladiator. Seems like a huge risk to spend 300m on this. 

It is a high risk and high reward film.  Unfortunately the risk is huge.  I know it will have a big audience, but it might be the type of people who only buy movies at home instead of going to theaters.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

I'll tell you this right now, the trailer is going to rip.

I think so too. I believe there's hype about this movie. 100M OW is my guess for now

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 8:25 PM, babz06 said:

What 🫣 300 mill??

I am actually pretty impressed with the pictures that were released, the movie looks great. Obviously it is too early to tell but if this movie gets good/great reviews it could break out. November and Thanksgiving weekend could be insane if this, Wicked and Moana 2 all live up to their potential. Gladiator 2 and Wicked will totally depend on their reviews, Moana 2 is more immune to this, to an extent. 

So do we have an actual information about trailer music? Because it's make or break for its hype and 100 OW predictions.

I can easily see this momentum killer if fools from Paramount actually decide to use that shitty song from nazi lover Ye:

GDyQdFk.png

At the very least, I think its OW should eclipse Napoleon's DOM total ($61.5M). Beyond that, it'll need to be powered by good WOM, which it should get if it does deliver.

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

So do we have an actual information about trailer music? Because it's make or break for its hype and 100 OW predictions.

I can easily see this momentum killer if fools from Paramount actually decide to use that shitty song from nazi lover Ye:

GDyQdFk.png

If it’s the same as CinemaCon you will be disappointed.

A 50 OW seems right, if not a bit high. Higher than Napoleon. Can’t imagine this opening bigger than stuff like Dune: Part 2 or GOTG3.

• Sad 1