WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

Sean Fennessey was on the Bill Simmons podcast and said he knows two people who have seen Gladiator II. They praised it and they told him ‘Get fucking ready’.

Go to 39 minutes in

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Qo...Q-2LfezsYOCqnw

My "Gladiator II is gonna be fucking awesome and every naysayer will bite their tongue" agenda continues. I will be vindicated

3 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Sean Fennessey was on the Bill Simmons podcast and said he knows two people who have seen Gladiator II. They praised it and they told him ‘Get fucking ready’.

Go to 39 minutes in

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Qo...Q-2LfezsYOCqnw

My "Gladiator II is gonna be fucking awesome and every naysayer will bite their tongue" agenda continues. I will be vindicated

Good luck with that, I remember similar claims about Napoleon before its release.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

Good luck with that, I remember similar claims about Napoleon before its release.

Napoleon's screening word was always mixed positive, with word that the battles were extraordinary but the actual drama Marital drama didn't strike a chord ( I remember Sneider saying that on his Pod)

Gladiator is inherently such an easier, more crowdpleasing formula. Clear good guys worth rooting for and bad guys worth rooting against

I'm take Fennessey's and Vieweranon's words for it. A good amount of positive word now from people who have good reputations in my eye

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

I'm take Fennessey's and Vieweranon's words for it. A good amount of positive word now from people who have good reputations in my eye

People with good reputations claimed The Flash is the best movie ever made, including VA.

6 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

He claims that he doesn't need to because he read a magazine article and can guess the plot.

You don't have to guess the plot since most of it is described in the article.

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

I have a radical idea: why not see the movie before making any judgements?

I judge Paramount's attempt to pull The Flash here by trying to create forced artificial hype and very likely misinformation about its quality. Trailer footage, late and bad marketing, Ridley's history and final runtime don't indicate a great movie or even "the best movie of Ridley's career", to say the least.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Knock It Off 2

i don't understand the discourse about "Ridley scott current state"

maybe in the 2000s he hasn't made movies are the peak of his career, there are couple of movies are mediocre for sure (what director with more than 30 movies doesn't have a mediocre project) but it's not like it's 10 years or more he just makes a movie for year and they all are simply bad- disastrous (hello brian de palma). Maybe it's just a 7.5/10 movie and that's all 😄

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Maybe it's just a 7.5/10 movie and that's all

I'm kinda expecting a 7/10 or 7.5/10 film right now, but to be honest I'd probably be satisfied enough with it if it hit that target. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justnumbers said:

Someone here seems pressed.

The frustrating thing with them is that they just seem to have decided this movie is going to be bad and a disappointment and no good reports for it are going to counter that because you know WB lied about the Flash or whatever. The Flash being the Boogeyman movie for anybody who is down or skeptical on a upcoming movie has become so tiresome. But the Flash!

6 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

The frustrating thing with them is that they just seem to have decided this movie is going to be bad and a disappointment and no good reports for it are going to counter that because you know WB lied about the Flash or whatever. The Flash being the Boogeyman movie for anybody who is down or skeptical on a upcoming movie has become so tiresome. But the Flash!

and they also act like the flash is this historically panned movie

it's a 62% on RT, 83% audience score and 6.6 on imdb. If someone thinks it's the worst movie of all time is a legitimate opinion but it's not recognised like that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

it's a 62% on RT, 83% audience score and 6.6 on imdb. If someone thinks it's the worst movie of all time is a legitimate opinion but it's not recognised like that. 

An 83% verified audience score isn’t really great for a big superhero tentpole. It also had a B Cinemascore. The response certainly didn’t line up with the hyperbolic buzz the movie was getting beforehand. 

As for Gladiator II, it’s probably gonna be it’s a toss-up. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Venom also has 6.6 imdb, it's a bad score for the genre and nothing to be proud of. The bottom line is the studio, media and scoopers hyped it hard as the best movie ever made, at the very least as the best DCEU movie ever. None of it happened, not even close, it flopped hard and became a laughing stock. Top Gun: Maverick had incredible reception across the board and it wasn't hyped by scoopers, media and Paramount as the best thing since sliced bread before release. I can't think of a single big studio film which was hyped this hard pre-release as something incredible actually meeting those promises and expectations, this strategy is usually reserved for movies on a shaky ground.

30 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

The frustrating thing with them is that they just seem to have decided this movie is going to be bad and a disappointment and no good reports for it are going to counter that because you know WB lied about the Flash or whatever.

Everyone lied about The Flash, not just WB.

Edited by TomThomas

1 minute ago, TomThomas said:

Everyone lied about The Flash, not just WB.

So you think these scoopers, some of them legit journalists are straight up lying about Gladiator 2? Their reach is not big, so they have no reason to lie imo. It's not like Tom Cruise liked the Flash

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

So you think these scoopers, some of them legit journalists are straight up lying about Gladiator 2?

I think they are, maybe the movie is not bad, but not anywhere near those promises. Never ever trust the studio hyping something up this hard using media and scoopers, they have a 310 mln movie to recoup, they are gonna say anything so people would show up. Paramount didn't hype Top Gun: Maverick like this.

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Their reach is not big, so they have no reason to lie imo. It's not like Tom Cruise liked the Flash

They had no reason to lie about The Flash either and yet. Maybe Stephen King or Cruise will praise it closer it release, when marketing machine will be in full force.