Kalo

2020 Box office discussion

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Nolan 2020 over titanic adjusted

Oh, I wish, that would mean Nolan came up with something both groundbreaking and with a Universal theme. 

Realistically, I do think we could have a Billion dollar hit, if all things go right, Inception adjusting for inflation and Market expansion can probably be a Billion dollar hit today. 

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Of course things can change but it appears 2020 will be a huge drop off.

Anyone hazard a guess to just how bad it will be with no Avatar?

I expect it to be really bad and the media will report the movie industry as being doom and gloom and coming to the end such as the case whenever we get one of these off years. Without a doubt, worse year since 2014, but slightly better BO wise.

• Like 1

Totally overlooked Venom 2 in the schedule.

I am going to laugh hysterically if that shit hits a billion, but honestly, it's perfectly positioned to do that. After the huge success and apparent good wom of the 1st one, the Spider-Man brand has only grown bigger with the success of Into The Spider-Verse, the Insomniac game and the incoming billion dollars for Far From Home, and the 2nd one will have one of the best Spider-Man villains of all time (Carnage), played by one of the best actors of our time (Harrelson) and an open October stage that's rather left empty for it to perform well.... apart from Eternals in the beginning of February.

So yeah, even though the field doesn't look super stacked, there are plenty of potential billion hits next year, the most realistic being WW 1984, God Vs King, Bond 25, Fast 9 and Venom 2.

VENUUUUM, GOT DAT DRENALINE MOMENUUUM, VENUUUUUUUUUUUUM

Edited by MCKillswitch123

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

So yeah, even though the field doesn't look super stacked, there are plenty of potential billion hits next year: WW 1984, God Vs King, Bond 25, Fast 9 and Venom 2.

Black Widow....

Also, Venom > 2 of the last 3 funnybook movies to hit a billion :Venom:

Edited by TMP

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Black Widow....

Even with the Marvel brand, I don’t think it has the visual panache or spectacle for the OS market. Also imagine it’s lower budgeted.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Even with the Marvel brand, I don’t think it has the visual panache or spectacle for the OS market. Also imagine it’s lower budgeted.

Nah. $150m budget looks likely.

Also, Black Widow got a huge fanbase now post-Endgame. Can't see it doing less than Venom 2 or Wonder Woman 1984

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Nah. $150m budget looks likely.

Also, Black Widow got a huge fanbase now post-Endgame. Can't see it doing less than Venom 2 or Wonder Woman 1984

Did Ant Man 2 blow up after IW? Besides Endgame is the reason why it won’t do insane.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Did Ant Man 2 blow up after IW? Besides Endgame is the reason why it won’t do insane.

Don't doubt Marvel... that's all I'll say. Captain Marvel somehow hit 1.1 billion. I have no doubt BW will do at least a billie.

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

SCOOB sub-Storks. WB should stick to R rated and PG-13 films.

Minions over/under Grinch

Not denying it either, there’s been tons of DTV Scooby Doo films as well, but I can see barely over $100M.

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

why the harsh drop?

DM3 fell a bit hard from DM2 and Minions, with mixed reception for both and honestly the franchise lost a lot of wind DOM imho, I am thinking something like $60M/$190M for it. 

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Don't doubt Marvel... that's all I'll say. Captain Marvel somehow hit 1.1 billion. I have no doubt BW will do at least a billie.

There’s a major difference between CM and BW I can’t say cause spoilers.