Kalo

2020 Box office discussion

On 5/20/2019 at 1:41 PM, Alli said:

WW1984 is for sure winning the year. Even if it doesn't increase much from its predecessor, i don't see any other movie making over 400M

There's no way we can be that sure about what's going to happen.  Yeah, I think WW has a shot, but there are a lot of competitors out there.  Honestly 2020 feels wide open to me.

Edited by IceFire9yt
  • Like 1

June and July looks pretty barren with only Minions 2 guaranteed for $200M DOM so barring "meh" Word of Mouth I do expect WW84 to increase from its predecessor. I'm more curious how big can it jump OS since the first one's OS total was ok but nothing to write home about. 

10 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

June and July looks pretty barren with only Minions 2 guaranteed for $200M DOM so barring "meh" Word of Mouth I do expect WW84 to increase from its predecessor. I'm more curious how big can it jump OS since the first one's OS total was ok but nothing to write home about. 

There’s an untitled Pixar film as well as Tenet.

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m incredibly curious what that Pixar movie is. It’s not much more than a year out and we don’t know anything. Is that a sign that it’s not coming out on that date? I’ve never seen a film be kept completely secret so close to release - certainly not a major Disney film.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Well true though it will have been 5 years since an original Pixar film was released in June so have no idea how it'll do. Tenet should probably make $200M+ though Dunkirk and Interstellar both missed out. 

I think Onward could pull a Zootopia and take the year:

Chris Pratt + Tom Holland + Pixar screams a winner especially if it gets a 90%+ on RT.

• Lack of big movies since IX/2manji and lack of big family films since Frozen 2 as BOP is a wildcard and pretty sure PR2 and COTW kill each other family wise.

• Open path until Trolls 2 in mid April as Mulan in late March can help via double features.

• The subject matter may just be able to strike a chord and I suspect we’ll be bombarded with the teaser with hopefully both TS4 and TLK.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think Onward could pull a Zootopia and take the year:

Chris Pratt + Tom Holland + Pixar screams a winner especially if it gets a 90%+ on RT.

• Lack of big movies since IX/2manji and lack of big family films since Frozen 2 as BOP is a wildcard and pretty sure PR2 and COTW kill each other family wise.

• Open path until Trolls 2 in mid April as Mulan in late March can help via double features.

• The subject matter may just be able to strike a chord and I suspect we’ll be bombarded with the teaser with hopefully both TS4 and TLK.

Hell yeah. $400m dom?

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

Nolan's spy thriller could have a shot at a billion depends on how good it is. Inception made 828M 10 years ago.

And Dunkirk made under 500mn 3 years ago,

Interstellar made under 700mn 4 years ago.

I will be content with 700mn for Tenet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1