Kalo

2020 Box office discussion

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Aside from WW1984, the two other films with the best chance of winning are Onward if it’s a masterpiece and the Holland/Pratt help wouldn’t hurt and The Eternals if Disney pushes for Xmas.

Venom 2 could do a billion

• Like 1

People need to savor this year and the amount of juggernauts that have and will arrive, because next year is looking like a wasteland.

Fast and Furious 9 is my pick for the top grosser worldwide at this moment in time. I can't see more than 3 movies crossing a billion. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Push back Dune to Christmas 

Also a movie literally titled “Godzilla vs King Kong” is going to do much more than what it is implied here, certainly more than “Onward”

I was talking domestically. Zootopia did more than a movie called Batman v Superman, reviews aside.

Actually Godzilla vs Kong could be a monster hit OS and solid DOM. Has a chance for $1B. Can also see an Onward breakout if they nail it.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I was talking domestically. Zootopia did more than a movie called Batman v Superman, reviews aside.

Actually Godzilla vs Kong could be a monster hit OS and solid DOM.

I'd say this bit is pretty huge. BvS out opened Zootopia by a ton, it just did not have the WoM to keep it that way.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I'd say this bit is pretty huge. BvS out opened Zootopia by a ton, it just did not have the WoM to keep it that way.

WOM allowed Zootopia to get to that $330M/$1B Total as well. It flat out bombed in China and legged it to $200M I think.

21 minutes ago, TMP said:

Black Widow is winning 2020. Dom & Worldwide.

I can’t see it, The Eternals seems like the bigger MCU film, thinking more Ant Man-Doctor Strange numbers.

Mulan has a small chance and if it weren’t for Disney’s greed, Aladdin would’ve owned 2020

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

I can see Bond 25 winning worldwide thanks to the four year gap and being Craig's swan song. Wonder Woman should win domestically though

Hell no. WW will do 500M domestic and 1B WW    at least

1 minute ago, Alli said:

did they announce the release date?

Marvel has not confirmed that it's Black Widow, but it seems to be an open secret that the May 2020 slot is reserved for that movie.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

WOM allowed Zootopia to get to that $330M/$1B Total as well. It flat out bombed in China and legged it to $200M I think.

Yeah exactly but the name brand and premise alone of Batman fighting Superman was enough for it to be one of the biggest OWs of all time at the time it came out. If Godzilla vs Kong is good (And this is a bigger if then the other MonsterVerse movies considering Adam Wingard tbh) I see absolutely no reason it can't do incredibly well domestically and OS.