I dont think Jesse wanted to kill Walt at the end.

I think in the last scene when Walt and Jesse Looked at each other and nodded, they reach an understanding of sorts and were ready to part ways.

If it was a normal show you would have had a 5 min dialogue about regret and redemption but that was all summed up in a nod. 

Exactly! I caught the nod too and the understanding they had come to with each other. Great that they didn't need any words in that scene, the nod summed it all up.

I wish Mad Men wouldn't have taken all of AMC's money so we could have gotten another season. 62 episodes is too short :(

62 episodes is fine. It's rare that a show like this goes out at the peak of it's popularity but good for the writers for calling it a day at the right time. I think money has less to do with it than them knowing when to end it.

• Like 1

I wish Mad Men wouldn't have taken all of AMC's money so we could have gotten another season. 62 episodes is too short :(

While I understand that desire to have more episodes, I think if they would have stretched it out it might not have been this great.

It's the perfect length ... any further seasons would just require a stunting of growth to the characters ... it's stuff like that which killed Dexter ... and is currently killing shows like Sons of Anarchy & Homeland.

Yes, those as a whole are on a tier well below BB, but the point still stands.

In my mind the two best shows this past decade have been Breaking Bad and Friday Night Lights.  Both finished at season 5, the latter more because of ratings, but it got the proper send off.  I think that's the perfect length. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure this was the intended last season. I seriously doubt that AMC told Gilligan that he could only have one more season or that the creators in any way were cut short (outside of maybe splitting the season in two). Even before it absolutely blew up in the last few episodes, it was still AMC's second-best rated show, a persistent threat at the Emmys, and far and away their most acclaimed show.

That's incredible. Good to be one in that 10.3 millions, I was anxious that I would miss the finale yesterday. Absolutely great ending to the series. I'm very happy with it. Gotta find time to rewatch the whole series in the near future :)

I'm pretty sure this was the intended last season. I seriously doubt that AMC told Gilligan that he could only have one more season or that the creators in any way were cut short (outside of maybe splitting the season in two). Even before it absolutely blew up in the last few episodes, it was still AMC's second-best rated show, a persistent threat at the Emmys, and far and away their most acclaimed show.

From what I read, Matthew Weiner almost bankrupted AMC with the money he demanded for Mad Men and that had a huge impact on The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad's budget.

So glad it went above 10 million viewers.

From what I read, Matthew Weiner almost bankrupted AMC with the money he demanded for Mad Men and that had a huge impact on The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad's budget.

And fuck Mad Men and whoever gave all that money to them.  The show gets like 1/10th of the ratings of TWD and BB and it's niche as hell.  They basically ruined TWD season 2 with the lack of zombies and it turned into a soap opera.  I don't get why they would prioritize this show that wasn't getting any viewers over their 2 biggest hits.

And fuck Mad Men and whoever gave all that money to them. The show gets like 1/10th of the ratings of TWD and BB and it's niche as hell. They basically ruined TWD season 2 with the lack of zombies and it turned into a soap opera. I don't get why they would prioritize this show that wasn't getting any viewers over their 2 biggest hits.

No, terrible writing ruined TWD season 2. And 3.
  • Like 1