So I'm about halfway through Season 2. It was a little hard to get into at first- heavy subject, and a slow burn, but I like it now. Question- Am I supposed to feel sympathy for Walt? He is one of the least likable protagonists I've ever seen on TV. He's a chronic liar, a hot head, not to mention a coward- he lets Jesse takes all the risk and then blames him for every problem they run into. Good thing for Jesse, he's the best part of the show. So far.

So I'm about halfway through Season 2. It was a little hard to get into at first- heavy subject, and a slow burn, but I like it now. Question- Am I supposed to feel sympathy for Walt? He is one of the least likable protagonists I've ever seen on TV. He's a chronic liar, a hot head, not to mention a coward- he lets Jesse takes all the risk and then blames him for every problem they run into. Good thing for Jesse, he's the best part of the show. So far.

It's up to you whether you like him or not. That's the beauty of his character, he's not a hero, he's just the guy who does what he thinks he needs to do. He's smart but he makes lots of stupid decisions. He's a real human.

I'm not sure I like Skylar either. She is pretty annoying. Jesse is actually the only one I like at this point.

It's a captivating show even if it is outlandish. Walt doesn't have to be cooking meth. He has plenty of options and outs. But I guess that is the fascinating part about it. watching this guy make all these bad choices as he deals with his illness/pending death.

This has been a top 3 show for me since it started, but this year it hit #1. Walt is turning into an evil genius, anyone who saw the final scene of the season finale will know just how much he was thinking ahead and just how far he was willing to go. A damn shame there's just 1 season left, but at least there's a lot of time for the writers to map it out and give the show a proper conclusion.

Boring? Really? I mean, I can understand if people find MAD MEN slow-going, but even when it's deliberate, BB is so pulpy and darkly comedic and violent that I can't imagine calling it boring. Every season has its moments where it slows down to set things up down the road, but not only does each season end with a bang, but cumulatively the seasons build on each other.

• Like 1

Loved the first season but I couldn't make it halfway through the 2nd season. It just got really boring and I couldn't stand Walter's wife.

Yep, "annoying" is her middlename in that season, but just fight through it. She gets to be a lot less of a pain in the ass later.

Season 4 was amazing, one of the best seasons of any show ever. When gus walked out of the room and adjusted his tie I was "WTF?", then he turned and we saw this, and I was speechless.http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5153/episode413gusface560.jpgFigured I better edit the picture to a link to avoid spoiling anything.

Edited by Incarnadine