Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Still can't believe they're going ahead with the Madame Web movie. That's a flop waiting to happen.

And I doubt Kraven will be a big moneymaker either

Goddess Dakota's getting that bag at least.

26 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I didn't think it would win regardless but the Animated Feature Oscar clears up a bit. Turning Red should win unless Lightyear is a major hit.

I dont like Del Toro but some people (including academy members) clearly do, if its good enough his pinocho should be a player

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Still can't believe they're going ahead with the Madame Web movie. That's a flop waiting to happen.

And I doubt Kraven will be a big moneymaker either

Wonder if Morbius will be the lowest rated movie with Spiderman characters, or if Kraven/Madame Web can go lower.

Just now, Grebacio said:

Wonder if Morbius will be the lowest rated movie with Spiderman characters, or if Kraven/Madame Web can go lower.

Kravens more well known that #letosweep and Madame web and is a more interesting character, writers are pretty mediocre but it should probably do ok

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk! Goddamn it! Not only is the delay saddening but this is going to get fucked over hard by the GA as it releases a week after The Little Mermaid remake. All is lost. Fuck!

Sigh. At least Part II is like two days after my 24th birthday.

Edited by YourMother

35 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

I was planning to watch it on my birthday :(

well good news for Puss in Boots 2 I guess

Good news unless Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile (which replaces Spider-Verse for Oct. 7th) is randomly an out-of-nowhere barnstormer, but Puss in Boots is certainly in a better position 😂

Edited by SLAM!

Just now, SLAM! said:

Good news unless Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile (which replaces Spider-Verse for Oct. 7th) is randomly an out-of-nowhere barnstormer

Dude, it's a Shawn Mendes vehicle. That's got "bomb" written all over it lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk! Goddamn it! Not only is the delay saddening but this is going to get fucked over hard by the GA as it releases a week after the lazy ass shitty The Little Mermaid remake. All is lost. Fuck!

Sigh. At least Part II is like two days after my 24th birthday.

Unless Across the Spiderverse REALLY needs a lot of extra time, I think it should move to Easter weekend.

2 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Unless Across the Spiderverse REALLY needs a lot of extra time, I think it should move to Easter weekend.

Honestly, April is wide open at this point. This just feels like they’re sending it to die.

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Honestly, April is wide open at this point. This just feels like they’re sending it to die.

They're aiming for summer weekdays. Although a Pixar movie is currently set to open two weeks later in their usual mid-June spot so that might cut into business a bit if it sticks.

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They're aiming for summer weekdays. Although a Pixar movie is currently set to open two weeks later in their usual mid-June spot so that might cut into business a bit if it sticks.

What’s the point of summer weekdays when the competition is too big it has an opening weekend of $50m at absolute best. Especially when it faces competition from each of its demographics every week:

The weekend prior because The Little Mermaid will do at least $150m for the four day and Fast X doing gangbusters OS. The next weekend is Transformers may not do gangbusters but that’s at least a $50m opening, Pixar (if it doesn’t go to the plus, if it does Sony knows what to do) should also open to at least $50m, The Flash is also going to probably do $90m+ opening and lastly it gets screwed over twice Fourth of July weekend with Indiana Jones and Illumination’s Migration. It is being sent to die.

Edited by YourMother