Rorschach

Y4 - The Academy Awards (Odyssey 3 takes gold with 9 awards including Best Picture, Fortnight in Silver with Ensemble and Actor, Spark 3 in Bronze with VFX and Cinematography nods)

Awards Predictions  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What film will win Best Picture?

• By The Balls
    • Can You Imagine?
    • Fortnight
    • The Odyssey: Homecoming
    • Spark: Beyond the Sky
  2. 2. What film will take home the most technical awards?

• Fortnight
    • Kingdom of the Sun
    • Mass Effect
    • The Odyssey: Homecoming
    • Pillars of Eternity: The Hollow Vale
    • Resonance
    • Spark: Beyond the Sky

4 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

The book that's about to inspire every Space Opera in CAYOM:

Image result for lesbians in space

And just like that you spoiled part of Vanessa Kirby’s character in Green Lantern.

Shit. I said too much.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m sorry but Pasta found the perfect way to pander to me, a sequel to arguably one of the best animated films on CAYOM and hopefully enough shipping material to choke out a fanfic writer to make me one happy man

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

You want shipping? :apocalypse:

Hide contents

Oh, you will get shipping :apocalypse:

You guys don't know what you're in for I suppose...

Pastaman told me a small detail about the film that made me go:

tumblr_p4vjjynCqC1w4nh3lo1_500.gif

Basically, unless he fucks the movie up hard, I can't see anyway the two of you won't give him a 10/10 rating :hahaha:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Luke Skywalker is gonna have very explicit sex with Lafayette!!

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

You guys don't know what you're in for I suppose...

Pastaman told me a small detail about the film that made me go:

tumblr_p4vjjynCqC1w4nh3lo1_500.gif

Basically, unless he fucks the movie up hard, I can't see anyway the two of you won't give him a 10/10 rating :hahaha:

Commercial Break #7

Lager Pictures Presents:

We open on a wide shot of a large valley, establishing a rocky landscape against a mountainous backdrop. We are greeted with the two main characters of the film: Jay Saitama (Taron Egerton), a 25 year-old, bald superhero in a yellow jumpsuit and sporting a white cape, and Genos (Charlie Heaton), a pale-faced 19-year old cyborg with spiky blond hair and bulky robotic arms. The latter speaks to the former in a serious, proper manner.

Genos: Thank you for agreeing to my unreasonable request, master.

Saitama: (walking away to create distance between him and Genos) Yeah, well I did promise to make you my disciple.

Saitama: (finds a stopping point) Is right here good?

Genos: Yes!

The two stand hundreds of feet apart from each other, both men standing against the backdrop of the mountain.

Saitama: So we’re just having a practice bout, not fighting for real?

Genos: Yes, that’s what I have in mind…

(0:00 - 0:11)

Genos cont.: ...but I want you to go all out, so I too can give it my all.

Genos charges up his body, an orange glow emanating along his arms and on his chest. He clenches his fists and spreads his legs apart, striking a fighting pose. A cloud of dust of wind billowing from below him.

Genos: Please sir, grant my request!

Saitama stands still, carrying a blank expression while his cape gently blows in the wind.

(0:12 - 0:29)

Two mini-sized blasters emerge from Genos’ shoulder blades, a blast of fire shooting out from both of them. The blast causes an enormous burst of energy, causing an explosion behind Genos, propelling him forward towards Saitama. The camera zooms in on Saitama as it approaches him. In the nick of time, he bends backwards as Genos almost delivers a kick to his face as Genos moves in slow-motion above him, electric sparks coursing throughout his robotic body. Genos uses a explosion blast from his right arm to propel him back towards his master. He twirls in the air, gaining enough energy to try and swing his legs to hit Saitama in the face, which the latter gracefully dodges again. Saitama is wowed by the sight.

(0:30 - 0:50)

With great force, Genos leaps high into the air. He stretches his leg out, charging it up for another attack, a bolt of electricity sparks from his leg. When he is ready, the blasters from his back adjust themselves, aiming Genos towards the ground. Another blast of fire sends him straight towards the ground. Saitama jumps backward into the sky, moving out of the way as Genos slams his leg into the ground, causing the earth to explode and sending debris flying around everywhere. Saitama is again amazed at his disciple’s power. On the ground, Genos aims his right arm towards Saitama, sending out another burst of heat at him. The blast misses, hitting the wall of rock behind them, causing another explosion of heat.

Saitama: (landing on the ground) Dude, you almost burnt my clothes to a crisp! This stuff ain’t cheap, y’know!

Slightly irritated, Genos slams his hands against the ground, charging himself up once again for another attack. As he reaches maximum capacity, he leaps forward towards Saitama.

(0:51 - 1:02)

Saitama notices this, leaping into the air out of his way. Genos chases after him. The two create nearly a dozen figure 8’s as Genos tries to land several blows to his master, who manages to dodge and avoid all of them. Saitama flies back towards the ground, Genos in pursuit. The two criss cross each other’s paths. After another set of figure 8’s, the two eventually clash causing another large explosion. Saitama breaks the fiery dance, clinging against the mountainside to catch his breath.

(1:03 - 1:17)

Before Saitama can think, Genos leaps towards him once again. Genos sends out a fury of fierce punches, combining a mix of fire, electricity, and rock as he throws everything he’s got at his master. The two snake their way along the mountainside as Genos’ attempts to hit him prove no avail. In frustration, Genos punches a giant meteor-sized crater in the rock wall in one final fit to hit his master.

(1:18 - 1: 25)

When, the smoke from the mountain clears out, a dismayed Genos sees that his master has disappeared. Using his eyes to scan the valley, he searches frantically until he tracks Saitama running on the ground away from him.

(1:26 - 1:32)

We cut to Saitama running like an Olympic athlete on the ground as Genos appears above him, the latter landing on the ground several yards in front of the former.

(1:33 - 1:48)

Saitama grinds himself to a halt. Both him and his cyborg disciple lock eyes with one another.

Genos: I told you I was going to give this my all and intend to keep my word!

In a swift motion, he clasps both his arms together, forming a giant mechanical cannon. Several other mini-guns and missile launchers emerge on top of one another, almost to an excessive degree, with the music building up with his blasters.

Saitama: Well, damn.

(1:48 - 2:03)

Genos: INCINERATE!!!

Bigger than any of the other explosions he had created before, Genos lets out a huge ball of fire of near monumental proportions, spanning nearly a mile wide. Genos grins, knowing believing he has gotten the upper hand. Behind him, we see Saitama standing with a cheeky grin on his face. He playfully rolls his eyes and gently taps Genos on the shoulder.

Saitama: Okay cool, so I win, aye?!

(2:04 - 2:20)

Annoyed at his master’s playful attitude, Genos swings several attempted punches at him. Saitama manages to dodge all of them, popping out of different spots seemingly all at once. Genos furiously punches in every direction imaginable. Saitama, recognizing his disciple’s hot-headedness, backs off.

(2:21 - 2:58) (only instrumental)

The two men cool off for a second as Genos attempts to catch his breath.

Genos: Master!

Saitama: Yeah?

Genos: Have you forgotten the rules of the bout? Dodge any attack you’re able to dodge. Take it seriously and don’t fool around.

Saitama: …

Genos: And most importantly, keep fighting until I am no longer able to fight!

As Genos is talking, his body begins to charge itself up again. Steam escapes from his sides. Saitama nods in understanding to his disciples’ demands, clenching his fists.

Saitama: If you so wish…

Genos: (furrows his eyebrows) Show me no mercy!

(2:59 - 3:12)

Genos and Saitama launch themselves towards each other. Genos releases another flurry of punches and kicks at his master. Saitama dodges every attempted hit at him with grace and stability. Genos tries with all his might and power to land a hit but to no avail. Suddenly, Saitama disappears right in front of his eyes. Genos is shocked by this, not noticing his master’s shadowed figure behind him. Genos turns his head to the side to see his master.

Genos: What the -

(3:13 - onward)

saitamapunch_by_setonami-d9fi24t.gif

From Genos’ perspective, we see Saitama’s giant red-gloved fist take up nearly the whole screen as it becomes a giant sized hand, nearly dwarfing his cyborg apprentice. Genos’ eyes widen as the fist comes in closer towards his face. Thankfully, Saitama stops his punch, leaving his fist directly in front of Genos’ face. A gust of wind blasts from the built up force of the punch, blasting Genos in the face and leaving behind a huge cloud of dust in the valley.

(end song)

As the dust settles, we see Genos stands dumbfounded, his life having flashed before his eyes. Saitama settles his arm and playfully taps his friend on the head, bringing him out of his stupor.

Saitama: Yo, I’m starving! Time for lunch.

Saitama walks away in a cheerful stride as Genos relaxes himself a bit.

Saitama: I don’t know about you but I’m in the mood for some noodles!

Genos: (still in shock) Okay...

He stands still as he watches Saitama march away. Genos looks down at his hands and examines them. After a few seconds of contemplation, he lets out a sigh of relief and walks away to join his master.

1750622_1.jpg

In 3D and IMAX 3D June 30th

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

"Please welcome to the stage, Academy Award winner Isla Fisher, star of Flowers for Algernon and The Parvelli Reunion, and Academy Award nominee Chris Pine, star of And The Band Played On!"

Fisher: The awards we are presenting tonight represent the first stage of the filmmaking process.

Pine: The screenplay is perhaps the most vital aspect of a film. It creates the foundation on which the film produced is built upon. A bad script lays a rocky foundation for the film to come. A good script allows for a talented filmmaker to translate that script to the big screen.

Fisher: The nominees in both of these categories are the ones who built the foundation for the films to come after.

Pine: The first category of screenwriting we are presenting are the nominees who drew upon other source material for their films, bringing popular books, video games, or sequels to previous films to the big screen.

Fisher: Here are the nominees for Best Adapted Screenplay:

Spoiler

Fortnight (based on the book Washington’s Crossing by David Hackett Fischer)

Spoiler

Mass Effect (based on the video game series developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts)

Spoiler

The Odyssey: Homecoming (based on the epic poem The Odyssey by Homer)

Spoiler

Pillars of Eternity: The Hollow Vale (based on the video game series developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Paradox Interactive)

Spoiler

Spark: Beyond the Sky (sequel to Spark: Rising and Spark: Homeward)

Pine: And the Oscar goes to…

Spoiler

The Odyssey: Homecoming

Winners: Thank you so much for this award! On behalf of Lager Pictures and our cast and crew, we are grateful that we were able to bring this story to the big screen and we are so grateful you guys all loved it! Thank you! Thank You!

Spoiler

(40) Fortnight 

(25) Mass Effect 

(49) The Odyssey: Homecoming

(18) Pillars of Eternity: The Hollow Vale 

(33) Spark: Beyond the Sky

Edited by Rorschach
  • Sad 1

Pine: The next Screenplay category is perhaps the most important one.

Fisher: Creativity and imagination is everything nowadays, especially among all the sequels, remakes, reboots, and legacy continuations coming out these days.

Pine: Well said indeed. Here are the nominees for Best Original Screenplay:

Spoiler

By The Balls

Spoiler

Can You Imagine?

Spoiler

A Month at Belmond Lane

Spoiler

Resonance

Spoiler

The Square Mile

Spoiler

Starlit Highway

Fisher: And the Oscar goes to…

Spoiler

By The Balls

Dan Perrault: “I’m probably the one you least wanna hear from, so thank you, and I’ll treasure this award always.”

Tony Yacenda: “Yes, thank you for this and for loving our debut feature so much. I know I’m the director and you’d expect me to give the speech, but we discussed it earlier and in the event of winning, we decided we’d like Jessica to speak for all of us. Jessica?”

Jessica Meyer: “Thanks guys. I never in my entire life expected to be up here, holding one of these little gold statues. When we conceived By the Balls, I knew that I needed to make this my baby just as much, if not more than it was Dan and Tony’s. It’s so easy to say that we all know a Thomas or a Tom, and this is movie is a big eff you to the Russells of the world, but I dedicate this award to all the Jordans of the world. All the Akeelahs. All the Baileys. You are heard. As you fight for your place at the table, remember to save a seat for your fellow sisters. Elbow your way through if you have to! Because we’re here now, ladies. We’re not going anywhere. Thank you.”

Spoiler

(53) By The Balls

(38) Can You Imagine?

(37) A Month at Belmond Lane

(30) Resonance

(47) The Square Mile 

(26) Starlit Highway

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

*“Sir Thymes Time” from Sir Thymes Time is played

Commercial Break #8

We open backstage in a nightclub. The house band have just finished their set for the night and are stepping off the stage, putting away their instruments, wiping the sweat from their brows, and congratulating each other on a good show. The lead singer, Patrice, (made-up CAYOM actor James Zeph), notices that the band’s guitarist is missing. Suddenly he runs through the door, clutching a piece of paper in his hand, an enormous grin on his face.

“GUYS,” he exclaims breathlessly, catching the attention of the others. “The rep from Sony was here tonight. He wants to sign us for a record deal!”

Most of the band high-fives and cheers, whooping and hollering. The only one who seems unenthusiastic is Patrice; the most he can muster is a nervous smile. The guitarist notices this immediately. “What’s wrong,” he asks, “Haven’t we been wanting this for years?”

“Well, sure,” Patrice responds, unsteadily. “But… we have a good gig here, right? Low-key, plenty of fans, but no press scrutiny. If we make it big, we won’t have private lives anymore. You know that, don’t you?”

“Fuck private lives,” the drummer chimes in. “My private life is sitting at home with my mom watching Judge Judy reruns. What the hell do you do in your free time that you’re so worried about?”

We zoom in tight on Patrice’s face, the background fading, transitioning, changing from the backstage area of the club to a grimy city alleyway at midnight. The man’s face twists and contorts, morphing from its handsome human visage into a green-scaled, elongated, serpentine head with piercing amethyst eyes. The remainder of the teaser is a montage set to an instrumental version of Bonnie Tyler’s “Faster Than the Speed of Night,” edited to better match the timing of events.

We see the mutated Patrice, wearing a skintight black super-suit outfitted with embedded speakers and various gadgets in a pair of bulky wrist gauntlets, committing various crimes around the city – robbing a bank, kidnapping a politician, blasting away a whole SWAT team with an enormous blast of sound. The headlines of news articles fade in and out – MYSTERIOUS SUPERVILLAIN STAKES CLAIM IN RIVERBANK CITY… “HISS” STEALS CLASSIFIED TECH FROM GOVERNMENT LAB… SOURCE CLAIMS HISS CONTROLS MUCH OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT… 

Soon, we have clips of Hiss, as he is known in his villain persona, battling and easily defeating several costumed heroes. The headlines continue – STRING OF VIGILANTES NO MATCH FOR HISS… WOULD-BE SUPERHEROES MISS THE MARK… HISS FAN CLUB POSTS VIDEO OF LATEST SUPERHERO TAKEDOWN… 

Then, suddenly, a shift – Hiss is fighting a new superhero (Scott Evans) who is much better-prepared. The sonic blast from Hiss’ speakers only seems to energize the hero, who delivers a rapid, thorough beating to the villain, wrecking most of his equipment, knocking the wind completely out of him, forcing him to his knees in submission. The music fades down as the hero speaks:

Give it up, Hiss. I’m taking you in.”

Go ahead, the cops work for me now.”

I’m not taking you to the cops.”

Oh? We’re headed back to your place, then? How romantic.”

The hero knocks Hiss out cold. When he wakes up, he finds himself inside some sort of high-tech prison cell in an unknown location, from which he cannot escape. Meanwhile the music kicks back in and we see a montage of the hero, Reverb, cleaning up the streets and cracking down on crime – new headlines like REVERB TAKES DOWN HISS and NEW HERO HAILED BY MAYOR soon are replaced with more ominous ones – NEW VILLAIN IN THE SHADOWS?... LOCAL VIPS DISAPPEARING AT RAPID RATE.. CRIME RATE SOARS DESPITE REVERB’S EFFORTS. Finally, Reverb encounters the new supervillain head-on… a mysterious, imposing figure in all-white, only shown out of focus and in brief, rapid cuts. He is soundly defeated. 

Cut back to the high-tech cell. Reverb approaches Hiss, presses a few buttons… and releases him. Smash cut to fully re-equipped Hiss and Reverb teaming up to battle the new villain’s goons, then, when the news cameras arrive, quickly turning on one another for show. With a news chopper hovering overhead, Hiss slams into Reverb and the pair go flying off the edge of a building, into the river below. Underwater, Reverb wraps his arms around the villain’s waist. After a moment of hesitation, Hiss returns the embrace, and the two float along together beneath the dark surface.

Another series of battle shots are intercut with… something else. Tight, quick shots of bodies grappling, squirming, almost struggling… the vocals from the song, from the 2:45 mark, finally kick in, as a final shoulders-up shot reveals the inserts are of Hiss and Reverb in bed together.

The trailer concludes with a final montage – a rapidfire series of images; Reverb “rescuing” Patrice, in his civilian form, from “captivity,” the two of them battling evil minions together and nearly being caught cooperating by the press, Reverb attending a performance by Patrice’s band at the club in full costume, the costumed pair beating up a group of policemen together in front of a smashed store window, Hiss apparently battling Reverb under the command of the mysterious villain in white, and, finally, another shot of the two in bed – lying on their backs next to each other, blankets over their chests. Cautiously, uncertainly, Reverb turns his head, leans in as if for a kiss. With a mischievous smirk, Hiss flicks his forked, reptilian tongue out of his mouth and licks it up the side of Reverb’s face. The villain chuckles at Reverb’s startled, confused expression, before winking and going in for a more traditional kiss. Just as their lips lock, the trailer ends with the title card:

ROCK & ROLL HEART ATTACK

It doesn’t matter what it is – as long as you’re into it.

NOVEMBER Y5

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1