AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

12 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

So naive...

Projecting own likes, dislikes, and insecurities onto millions of other people is literally what humans live for. It's in our very natures and it's why we are so easily manipulated into autocracies by people who can exploit this.

Has no place in this thread, though.

22 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Like, maybe the only thing we should be concerned about is our own reaction to a movie, not projecting our own likes, dislikes, and insecurities onto millions of other people. 

stop-making-sense-525797f67e072.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Any good? Not you...the movie. You don't have to outright say it. Just despair at the state of cinema and the way we engage each other on the internet if yes.

I think it’s very good, although it probably appeals more to a certain niche and it’s certainly not for all tastes. (Not really in terms of content, though there might be some who’re offended a bit, but more in terms of style.)

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

I think it’s very good, although it probably appeals more to a certain niche and it’s certainly not for all tastes. (Not really in terms of content, though there might be some who’re offended a bit, but more in terms of style.)

Hmm... I'm quite curious now.

No idea on actual release schedule yet, then?

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Hmm... I'm quite curious now.

No idea on actual release schedule yet, then?

There are plans for a couple of charity screenings, we’re applying to various festivals, and there’s some interest from a few different distributors. Hopefully the reception is good, we land some festival spots, and get a distributor for some sort of limited release. Right now, any release would probably be 1 theater in LA and perhaps 1 in NY. 

At least as far as I know, I’m not necessarily up on the latest deals the producers are working on. 

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I need to see it first! :lol: 

Pfff...guild members actually watching movies before deciding which is best? How silly!

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

There are plans for a couple of charity screenings, we’re applying to various festivals, and there’s some interest from a few different distributors. Hopefully the reception is good, we land some festival spots, and get a distributor for some sort of limited release. Right now, any release would probably be 1 theater in LA and perhaps 1 in NY. 

At least as far as I know, I’m not necessarily up on the latest deals the producers are working on. 

Netflix? I promise at least two accounts will watch it from my household alone!

• Haha 1

I credit James Cameron and Entourage with 7% of Aquaman's success. 

Tangential to Baumer's comments on Bay and Transformers a few pages back I agree a little but I hope he moves on permanently. 13 hours is one of my favorite movies to rewatch and I want to see what he can do with other things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1