AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

In most markets it opened during the holidays which is why it's been leggy in most markets.  The (enormous in all respects) exception is China

China is far from the only exception, there is also South Korea, Mexico... and that is just for the bigger markets.

Aquaman doesn't even need good legs in the US to hit $1B now.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

They can possibly release AQM 2 in 2022 given that year's December there won't be any Avatar, SW and Jumanji movies. 

That would be a great spot unless Disney fast tracks Rian Johnson's Star Wars trilogy. His next movie will release November next year and I think he's going to get right back to Star Wars after that. December 2022 has a placeholder for a Disney live action film. Could be Star Wars. If not, Aquaman will fit perfectly in there.

Edited by lorddemaxus

5 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

China is far from the only exception, there is also South Korea, Mexico... and that is just for the bigger markets.

Aquaman doesn't even need good legs in the US to hit $1B now.

All primarily during the holidays.

I think legs should remain good though since there isn't a big film that will take it's screens or fill it's niche opening any time during Jan.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

All primarily during the holidays.

Just because a movie opens during the holidays, it doesn't meant that it can't have good or bad legs. Aquaman is having great legs, compared to other movies, in many countries - not only China.

• Like 7

Just now, reddevil19 said:

Yep. Definitely. 100%.

I get that you are being sarcastic but there is nothing that says otherwise. A small number of vocal people on the internet isn't changing that from happening. In Disney's eyes, Rian Johnson had made them a huge hit and if his Knives Out becomes a hit, the trilogy is surely happening.

But let's wait till Celebration Chicago and see what Lucasfilm will say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I get that you are being sarcastic but there is nothing that says otherwise. A small number of vocal people on the internet isn't changing that from happening. In Disney's eyes, Rian Johnson had made them a huge hit and if his Knives Out becomes a hit, the trilogy is surely happening.

But let's wait till Celebration Chicago and see what Lucasfilm will say.

Certainly.

indubitably-001.jpg

• Haha 2

So today is the day where we are supposed to throw water on Aquaman's parade? Well,  I think he'd be okay with that, you can douse him all you want and he will thrive in it. He lives in it.  

I've never seen this before.  "Yeah,  it's a success but..  it was a joke. Uh,  Entourage."   Like anyone gives a rat's ass about that show in 2019.  

"Yeah, it's a success but Christmas. But New Year's."   Is that what we're going to say in the Summer?   Yeah it's a success but Summer.  If those damn kids were in school where they belong! Grrrrr!  

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2