AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

WHAT??????????? 1 year and a half later because of...one guy? It's a team of 2 guys on it? How can they be so reliant on just one guy???Preposterous! I expected so much from this movie!

Maybe they want as much time as possible to make it a great movie instead of just a good one.

Wow I didn't expect this. Well I just hope it ends up being as good as it could have been. I don't think it is a matter of disagreements because apparently Peterson is still at Pixar and working on something else if the report I read is correct. I'm going to remain optimistic and just say things were going smoothly until they just hit a bump too big to get around without help. I'm sure things will be fine.What Disney needs to do is go ahead and move Frozen to May 30th and get a restart and market it the right way now.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but that's pretty much how it always works when a director is replaced at Pixar. They announce that the ex-director is still at Pixar working on other projects - then a few months after the movie has been released, the ex-director leaves. Likely due to contractual issues, maybe they don't want them going to another studio while the movie is still in production giving out ideas of what it's about. See: Pinkava, Andrews, Chapman.Peterson is as good as gone. Remember he's already removed the "Been at Pixar since 199?" on his twitter bio.

Wow, stunningly bad news. First removal of Peterson and now delaying the release by 1.5 years. I usually have supported Pixar because I've complete faith in them but this is just ridiculous. I argued with tribefan and Whoot over Cars 2 and Brave but I've no argument for this. Peterson's as good as gone, just like Chapman. Sigh... what has happened to Pixar.  :unsure:  :(

Wow, stunningly bad news. First removal of Peterson and now delaying the release by 1.5 years. I usually have supported Pixar because I've complete faith in them but this is just ridiculous. I argued with tribefan and Whoot over Cars 2 and Brave but I've no argument for this. Peterson's as good as gone, just like Chapman. Sigh... what has happened to Pixar.  :unsure:  :(

I agree it looks bad...but in Pixars defense....My favorite Pixar movie is Ratatouille. And that movie also went through a fired director and replacement. Granted, they filled it in with Brad Bird...this doesn't have Brad Bird.But still it can turn out well.

The delay actually has me a little more hopeful for the success of the film. We'll never know what really happened, but Peterson may very well have been in too deep that the film's an incoherent mess right now and they're willing to sacrifice a pretty much guaranteed short term profit to make it right (and delay it beyond their next film, at that). 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I don't see how this makes them look bad. The director is replaced, which should cause some problems in production, so instead of rushing out some crap, they push it back to make sure they have time to get it done right

While taking the time to get it right is certainly a positive...knowing that the film was in enough disarray that this had to happen is hardly a good thing.Doesn't mean the movie can't turn out well at all...but it's not a positive.

While taking the time to get it right is certainly a positive...knowing that the film was in enough disarray that this had to happen is hardly a good thing. 

It's unfortunate that they couldn't get it done on schedule, but the ends usually justify the means in filmmaking. If TGD turns out to be a great film all this will just be remembered as a Blu Ray special feature.