Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

Literally says 8.3 on IMDB lmao.

@Maggie I tried to get people off your back even though I have you blocked, but you are going out of your way to make sure people hate your presence in this thread. Please just stop. None of your commentary is being productive or enlightening in any way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Reception has nothing to do with it. If this underperforms it looks like it is because people are distracted by Barbenheimer and/or older audiences aren’t coming out 

What is underperforming in this case?

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

If the movie opens as low as the tracking thread is claiming then it won’t even reach 200 million domestic.  

It is obvious that Barbenheimer has hurt this movie massively. People don’t want to go out to every movie and are sacrificing this movie for one or both of those 

The four horsemen of the MI apocalypse…Maggie, Ryan Reynolds, my man here and the Estimate mountain guy on r/box office 

FWIW: are rogue nation numbers necessarily underperforming? I think this is largely fine, franchise has mostly hit its ceiling but will maybe look for a good increase on part2

I don't see why this would necessarily be dubbed an underperformance, people just assumed top gun audience would jump to MI, but that was never a guarantee, these films are quite different and I never bought into that narrative

as far as barbenheimer goes, they'll probably hurt its legs, they gambled that they could force them out and they lost. it happens and the film will lose some gross for it but it's not a tragedy

tl;dr movie will probably perform fine, expectations were just too much

26 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

FWIW: are rogue nation numbers necessarily underperforming? I think this is largely fine, franchise has mostly hit its ceiling but will maybe look for a good increase on part2

I don't see why this would necessarily be dubbed an underperformance, people just assumed top gun audience would jump to MI, but that was never a guarantee, these films are quite different and I never bought into that narrative

as far as barbenheimer goes, they'll probably hurt its legs, they gambled that they could force them out and they lost. it happens and the film will lose some gross for it but it's not a tragedy

tl;dr movie will probably perform fine, expectations were just too much

yeah..I think some people were expecting a bit of a boost due to TGM success which I wasn't really sure about.

After like 100 fresh reviews in a row it finally got its 3rd rotten with a catastrophic rating of... 3/5. This thing is so strong right now it might just make it back up to 99% soon lol. MetaCritic indeed is back up to 82/100.